Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 ... is the rear bottom dislodged ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 03:22 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
DB9 ... is the rear bottom dislodged ?

2015 DB9 ... after 3 weeks at the dealership it was back recently. I drove some 170miles today. After parking in the driveway I noticed a strange black pipe almost touching the ground. I took a closer look and noticed whatever is down there seems to have lowered. Can somebody check their DB9 and post back please.

Last edited by cuddapah; 09-18-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:27 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Yes, I have the same tube that is approximately 1 inch long. It appears to be a vent tube. Could they have replaced the tube and not trimmed it? The tube on mine has brownish road grime on it. The tube in the photo looks new.

Old 09-18-2017, 11:41 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I believe that is the tube that runs from the drain hole around the gas cap, its so low as to not drip fuel on your hot exhaust probably

Old 09-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
My Vantage has the same tube but not as long.
No grime on, maybe because Florida car, and end right at the frame height.

This is the drain from under the gas cap, I had to remove it to install the VAP springs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.