Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

PPI Raleigh NC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 05:53 PM
branjk is an unknown quantity at this point
PPI Raleigh NC

Looking at a 2015 Vantage GT, nicely optioned. Being sold at a non-Aston Dealer. Independent dealer being sold without warranty. So wondering if anyone knows of a good mechanic shop in the Raleigh area to do a PPI. It appears to have a little factory warranty left 1.5 months. Still not sure about the paying the extra to get the Aston Martin certification (inspection + warranty). I am leaning towards not. Thanks for input

Old 02-26-2018, 06:33 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
My experience

For what's it's worth, I priced the Aston extended warranty when my 2010 DBS's factory warranty ran out in 2013 (or 2014?). It was outrageously expensive (I think it was $7k for 1 yr and $12k for 2 yrs). Anyway, I passed on it. Except for replacing my volante top and inside liner (which both failed in 2017), I haven't had to repair anything on the car. Obviously, you'll have periodic maintenance expenses, but you'd have those anyway.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:12 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
FCI in Greensboro is the closest dealer. There are very few mechanics in the Raleigh area that will touch an Aston. Flying Circus in Durham will work and inspect them. Although Motorcar Investments sells many Astons they refuse to do any service work. Makes you think, huh.

Send me a PM if you'd like me to do a once over on the vehicle.