Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2005 DB9 Spring & small bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 06:24 AM
Cvduk is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 DB9 Spring & small bulb replacement

Hi,

Just had my 2005 db9 volantae back from the garage and has failed Mot. Cracks in springs on both front ends and small bulb out on driver side park light / headlight.

Now I've changed springs in the past and so that job seems pretty straight forward (any tips be appreciated) but can't seem find any info on getting to the small bulb at front of head lights.

Owners manual says it's back to dealer but surely that can't be the case just for a bulb change??

any help be greatly received...

Old 10-10-2017, 06:40 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
You should be able to access the bulbs yourself. Just need to remove the fender liner.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:45 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
That bulb is definitely reachable but it's in a really tight space. Long arms and small hands would make it easier.

I had to drop the air box to get to it.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Work in progress, but here's a quick DIY for removing the air box:
http://www.redpants.lol/air-box-removal/

Old 10-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Cvduk is an unknown quantity at this point
Got it !!

Thanks for all the tips lads - 2hrs and rewarded for all my efforts... just such a bad design !!

Anyone know the part number for the bulb so I can order a replacement

Old 10-11-2017, 07:37 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
This what you need:

Last edited by CARAIBAM; 10-11-2017 at 07:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.