Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Winter Tire recs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 09:07 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Winter Tire recs

It's that time of year when the temps drop and the MPSS will have to be put away

I will be driving the car this winter and fall/spring seasons, would like to put on a tire that can handle the colder temps

Not full Blizzaks as the car will never actually make its way through snow, but will be out if the streets are cleaned

I run Continental DWS06 on my BMW and have absolutely loved their performance the past 2 winters

Unfortunately the 19" wheels do make our offerings a bit more selective, was hoping to gain some input on what other AM owners are running

Old 10-10-2017, 09:30 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:56 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
My local AM dealer has an almost new set of snows that were left when a customer got a new car and did not claim their snow's. Buying them off of them and plan to install some time in Dec.

I would go full snows over all seasons. It's not only about actual snow, but more about ambient and pavement temperatures. Below I think 40F the cords on high performance tires start to deteriorate from the inside out.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lilseevs
I run Continental DWS06 on my BMW and have absolutely loved their performance the past 2 winters

Unfortunately the 19" wheels do make our offerings a bit more selective, was hoping to gain some input on what other AM owners are running
Those tires are available in V8VS sizes:
245/40R19
285/35R19

They'll fit perfectly fine on your wheels without any issues.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:08 PM
cold brakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Loved DWS' continentals.

Take a look at Nokian tires

Old 10-10-2017, 01:36 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Redpants
Those tires are available in V8VS sizes:
245/40R19
285/35R19

They'll fit perfectly fine on your wheels without any issues.
I’ll need to recheck then, my go to tire shop said they were unavailable to source some for my car

Old 10-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
You've probably got 235 front and 275 rear tires, which aren't available for those tires. The ones I listed are the next size up and fit perfectly fine (I've been using those sizes for several years), and you can get the tires you like in those sizes.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:14 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Alpin

Old 10-12-2017, 07:06 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Don't need no stinkin snow tires!

Have called the approaching time "hibernation", but its really not, its a time for renewal and upgrading. How clean can I make my Vantage and what can realistically be done to make it faster, lighter, more fun to drive.

Fall in southeastern Michigan is fantastic, the best of our four seasons for an Aston coupe. Largely dry and cool, lasting from early September thru November, and some years a couple weeks into December.

Then the car's off to a temperature controlled building where it goes up on jackstands, gets its annual service plus a couple upgrades. Then slumber under a blanket, plugged into a new CTEK until April.

Life is good when you are retired.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I Had a set of Pirelli Winter Sports on my 2015 Mustang - an amazing winter tire that literally turned the car to be as safe feeling as a 4 wheel drive - snow and ice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.