Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Parts RANT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 01:26 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Parts RANT

Except for oil filters, every flippin part is a special order part. Is there ANYONE in the US that has parts on hand and ready to ship?

Old 10-13-2017, 02:40 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Redpants may have some OEM parts. Check this out .. http://www.redpants.lol/shop/

Old 10-13-2017, 10:24 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Did you try Miller? I expect if anyone has a part you need, it'd be them.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:01 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
AM has a North American warehouse that has the most common parts in stock, it's a special order from the dealer but is in stock in the US, so 7-14 days to come in. ie. taillights took 10 days to get. Airbox, had to come from England and was 4 months.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
In Mr. Palmers Volante reveal he mentions that only about 1500 cars make it to the US every year. So I can see why they wouldn't want to waste money on inventory sitting stateside. As a kid I could go to Ford dealer and get just about any nut or bolt needed for my Mustang. With the Aston, as you state, it's pretty much - we can order that for you - for everything. I suppose if it was my DD I'd have a different attitude.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
The cost of inventory is insane, and some of it is so seldom used that it's nearly impossible to forecast demand. I've been slowly expanding the inventory I keep in stock - both in volume for a given item, and the number of items I have on the shelf.

Things I keep in stock are routine maintenance items that turn over quickly. All the items in my oil change kits, 2-yr maintenance packages, gas strut packages, my custom stuff (catch cans, battery mounts, tpms defeats, air box deletes, warning stickers, high-flow intake filters, etc), some accessories (mini flashlights, pens), o2 sensors, brake pad wear sensors, brake pads, Castrol BOT270A gear oil, Motul fluids, LED bulbs, Bluetooth switcher kits, nav screen gear repair kits, FEAD belts, updated idler pulleys, spark plugs, front valances, tail light installation kits, clear vinyl quarter panel tape, shorty antennas, gear oil change packages, and a ton of miscellaneous bolts (getting ready to list those). Soon I'll also have the clear/smoked corner markers, side repeaters, and rear reflectors. I've also got some random parts that I don't typically keep in stock but happened to end up with for one reason or another.

I'd love to keep more items in inventory - and I'm getting there - but the cost to do so gets incredibly burdensome very quickly. The goal is to have as much inventory as reasonably possible, but it takes time to build that up without a several-figure investment.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:20 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Do you have the rear bumper reflectors, I am missing both of mine. They sit right above the exhaust pipes and next to the the parking sensors?

Most everything I need are major parts, pass. window regulator and whatever infotainment module that went out and if you have a AMDS you could rent me for the weekend, I would name my next child after you.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:48 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Yep, I've got the OEM corner markers, side repeaters, and rear reflectors ready to ship. I bought a bunch of them to use as templates for the clear/smoked ones and still have some leftover that weren't needed. Send me an email at Rich@redpants.lol

Unfortunately the rest I'd have to order (I know that's the cause of your frustration!). If I could get an AMDS I might name my first-born after it lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.