6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   I want to buy a DB11 but.... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/414367-i-want-buy-db11-but.html)

FatFrank 11-10-2017 03:29 PM

I want to buy a DB11 but....

I am leaning towards a newish Vanquish because I am
just not finding that the DB11 has the same sensual allure and appeal to me as other Aston’s. I really want want to get into Aston’s latest product, but whenever I look at one it just doesn’t want me yet. Its stance, the wheels and the way the body seems to float above them, the boxy view from the rear, all somehow mean that I don’t want to reach out and touch it. The Vanquish by comparison, still has me wanting to labor slowly over all its curves with my hands.
Is this feeling going to last, will the DB11 grow on me? I do hope so but right now I am stuck with this internal feeling of ambivalence and disharmony that means I can’t commit....argh

XJRS Owner 11-10-2017 04:57 PM

What's the dilemma? A Vanquish is far superior to a DB11 in every possible way.

007JB 11-10-2017 05:53 PM

Same here. Vanquish for me. DB11 doesn't feel like Aston, it feels like just another car, I saw new Vantage yesterday too....
What I'm trying to say I'd go with Vanquish.

NoRush 11-10-2017 07:34 PM

It's either love at first sight or not. How many times did this happen to Porsche over the years?

SUFitness 11-10-2017 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by 007JB (Post 4677632)
Same here. Vanquish for me. DB11 doesn't feel like Aston, it feels like just another car, I saw new Vantage yesterday too....
What I'm trying to say I'd go with Vanquish.

Wait, what? You saw the new Vantage already?

Can you share pics? Or tell us what kind of animal it looks like?

blue2000s 11-10-2017 09:11 PM

Why do you have to like the DB11?

V12Vin 11-10-2017 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by SUFitness (Post 4677658)

Ask your dealer. Dealer invite only. No pics. NDA needed.

V12Vin 11-10-2017 09:46 PM

Frank, my choice is Vanquish simply cos of the NA V12. I imagine the newer Vanquish has updated tech.

007JB 11-10-2017 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by SUFitness (Post 4677658)

sorry, i signed document that can't share anything till unveil date Nov 21st.

Prefurbia 11-11-2017 08:24 AM

The direction of Aston Martin is drastically changing - from beautiful design with interiors that are the most elegant in the industry to something quite different. While the DB11 is growing on me from the outside, as long as the wheels and tires are changed out to something that fills the wheel wells a bit more and the roof strake is a body color. With the DB11S I suppose the wheels will fill the wells better. However - the interiors look as if 5 guys designed it without ever communicating with each other (although the switch gear is quite a bit better than before). This is why I decided to buy a V12S now and it will probably be the last Aston Martin I'll buy, unless they come back in future models and get interior designers that bring back the incredible and elegant look that is special.

07sportspack 11-11-2017 10:50 AM

Very different cars - the Vanquish for me is a true Aston Martin iconic statement from performance to appearance!

brightoncorgi 11-11-2017 11:09 AM

I would go for a Vanquish over DB11.

That being said, I would like to drive each and then decide.

HabitualOffender 11-11-2017 12:55 PM

The Vanquish S is stunning, and the very last of the breed. It's not like they're turning the page, it's more like they started writing a new book.

brightoncorgi 11-11-2017 01:24 PM

For the carbon fiber body alone is worth the Vanquish. I like the rear spoiler; styled exactly like the 1st gen Evora. It just flows right into the whole design without announcing its a wing.

spinecho 11-11-2017 08:41 PM

Like XJRS says, what's the dilemma??

What's the DB11 got going for it? It's "new". It has "tech". Ummm......

The Vanq? Gorgeous looks inisde and out (just don't get contrast colour around the exhausts/diffuser, please). Naturally aspirated, big capacity engine. Less "tech" (yes, that's a good thing IMO). It's timeless.

In case you aren't convinced, say the name of each car out loud while imagining you are applying wax to its flank... er, sorry, got to go now...