Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V lighting features

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 06:31 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
V8V lighting features

All - on a couple of my orher cars there is the ability to have your headlights turn on/off when unlocking the car for a predetermined amount of time - usually 60-90sec.

I’ve figured out in the menu how to have he mirrors auto close and open, but have been unable to figure out if this is applicable to the V8V

Wondering what other features can be customizable to the driver

Old 11-14-2017, 06:33 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
To add, I have the “Approach light” and “Homesafe” duration options set to 60 sec but seems to do nothing with the headlights or give off any exterior illumination

Old 11-14-2017, 06:40 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lilseevs
To add, I have the “Approach light” and “Homesafe” duration options set to 60 sec but seems to do nothing with the headlights or give off any exterior illumination
Its my understanding only the side lamps turn on with the fob ( approach lights) so you know which car is yours...(because there are usually a dozen or so Aston's in the parking lot...so common...)

Home Safe works when leaving the car and is not fob dependent.

I agree, many of my more recent cars do turn on the headlamp or the DRL's

From my 2009 Vantage manual:

Approach Lighting
When approaching the vehicle the side lamps and interior
lights can be activated by pressing the button on the
vehicle key.
The time that the side lamps stay ON is programmable (Refer
to ’Personalization’, page 2.19).

Homesafe
When exiting the vehicle and the vehicle key has been
removed, flash the main beam (pull the LH stalk forwards
and release without latching), to active Homesafe. The main
beam and rear lamps will then remain ON for a determined
amount of time and then extinguish. The time that the main
beam and rear lamps stay ON is programmable (Refer to
’Personalization’, page 2.19).

Old 11-14-2017, 06:45 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Since you have to be 5' from the car for the remote to work I don't see the need in approach lighting. You're already at the door before it unlocks

Old 11-15-2017, 09:03 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Since you have to be 5' from the car for the remote to work I don't see the need in approach lighting. You're already at the door before it unlocks
Ya, WTF... I tried this option the other night leaving the gym and I was already at the car before I was close enough to make this worth it.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:08 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
good to know its not just me that has this issue, sometimes I have to be at the drivers door to use it

Old 11-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Ugh good to know, I wonder if there is some sort of radio wire that our Sapphire keys use to bounce the signal off of, that we could possibly extend to extend remote distance range? I've done that on a previous Audi S4 before, the reciever wire was in the rear bumper - spliced in an extra foot of wire and I was able to extend my remote range by 20-30yds or so

Old 11-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/te...pagewanted=all

Remote Car Key

Suppose your remote car door opener does not have the range to reach your car across the parking lot. Hold the metal key part of your key fob against your chin, then push the unlock button. The trick turns your head into an antenna, says Tim Pozar, a Silicon Valley radio engineer.

Mr. Pozar explains, “You are capacitively coupling the fob to your head. With all the fluids in your head it ends up being a nice conductor. Not a great one, but it works.” Using your head can extend the key’s wireless range by a few car lengths.
When I'm paranoid about whether my other car is locked, and I'm out of range for the remote to work by itself, I do this and it works.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:55 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mathman85
When I'm paranoid about whether my other car is locked, and I'm out of range for the remote to work by itself, I do this and it works.
Been doing that trick for decades, but did not make a difference on the Vantage.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:09 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I swear I had this eye twitch before I started using my head as an antenna.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:47 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
And if you stick the key up your rear end you can lock/unlock it from 200yds and program the GPS by chattering your teeth SOS style

Old 11-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I'll take your word for it.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:07 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
You guys are great...so funny! 😂
I find if you aim the fob at the door it works better than the front of the car....even with new battery...limited range...

I am still laughing....safe driving
​​​​​
​​

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.