Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

First AM, 2018 Vanquish S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 02:32 AM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
First AM, 2018 Vanquish S

My first post in this forum and first AM. The short story, was walking home ( live and work in downtown Chicago) and stopped by the AM satellite dealer on N Clark as they had a used ‘18 S in the showroom, I was blown away by the incredible design, attention to detail and fit/finish, a piece of art. Having said that, the car in question was used and specifically was the factory demo that would travel around the various A.M. dealers as a test vehicle, not for me! They did though have a brand new 18 S coupe in their Western Suburb location and after a quick discussion with the rep a deal was struck! Take delivery Wednesday, (after paint correction and clear bra installed) and will post additional pics.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:22 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Wow what a place to start AM ownership

congrats and hope you love it

please post some reviews once you have spent some time with your new toy

Graeme

Old 09-22-2018, 06:53 AM
air993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking good. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.
Lucas

Old 09-22-2018, 07:56 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
...just walked in and bought an '18 Vanquish; wow. What else do you just walk in and buy? First British car? That is a beauty and the one to buy! Great photo with the other models you posted! Aston's really are a piece of art. The carbon panels on the Vanquish are just so amazing. I'd like to get a Vanquish next. How she drive?

Old 09-22-2018, 08:48 AM
Cherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really niceCherryblock is just really nice
Originally Posted by Graze
Wow what a place to start AM ownership

congrats and hope you love it

please post some reviews once you have spent some time with your new toy

Graeme
Thanks and will absolutely do that!

Old 09-22-2018, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
...just walked in and bought an '18 Vanquish; wow. What else do you just walk in and buy? First British car? That is a beauty and the one to buy! Great photo with the other models you posted! Aston's really are a piece of art. The carbon panels on the Vanquish are just so amazing. I'd like to get a Vanquish next. How she drive?
😆!

Yeah definitely a bit of an impulsive guy here, the SA, Norbert ( Aston Martin Chicago) was terrific and it was a relatively easy decision to pull the trigger. Truthfully (this will kill a bunch of you ) I actually haven't driven it! I have driven a 16 Vanquish and thought it was a wonderful GT car. Will post my impressions once I take delivery next week.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:59 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
lol The car on the lift on the right looks familiar.

Congrats! Look forward to seeing you around!

Old 09-22-2018, 12:57 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cherryblock
...Truthfully (this will kill a bunch of you ) I actually haven't driven it!
Neither of the two AM's I have owned did I drive before buying.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Congrats. Beautiful car, enjoy the ride.

Regards,

Old 09-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Awesome car, congratulations.

Old 09-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on your new toy. I bought a Rolls Royce Ghost from them. Easy people to work with.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:03 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Cherryblock
😆!

Yeah definitely a bit of an impulsive guy here, the SA, Norbert ( Aston Martin Chicago) was terrific and it was a relatively easy decision to pull the trigger. Truthfully (this will kill a bunch of you ) I actually haven't driven it! I have driven a 16 Vanquish and thought it was a wonderful GT car. Will post my impressions once I take delivery next week.
The Vanquish is a joy to drive, you will absolutely love it.

Paint Correction then PPF------ Make sure you get the Front lip, rear diffuser, and side skirts PPF'd. They tend to get chipped easy and while possible to sand the chip of clear coat then polish out the sanding marks, it is much easier to PPF them and never worry. Those bits are at least 5-8x the price that would would pay to PPF them and they definitely will get chipped. My lip gets chips, but not the bumper, go figure.

What are they putting on TOP of the PPF for protection. While most PPF companies have a hydrophobic top layer, it should still have some type of protection on top.

1. Clear Guard Nano is the PPF you should INSIST they use. NO OTHER. Reason why, is that its the clearest PPF on the market and thicker than 3M, Xpel, and Suntek. I have tested on Black cars and hands down you cant see it on the vehicle where the others you can. It costs about $800 or so more for a whole car job.

Protection------While PPF has protection built in, due to the cost and to prevent any possible UV damage, a Coating (Ceramic is Glass as in Si02) us typically used, but you can also use a wax sealant. I use AMMO Reflex, Skin, and a carnauba on top for an extra pop. On my RRS I use 22ple Mystico Element pro only coating.

GET those wheels Glass coated, you could even do them yourself if you want. People usually charge $600 for a wheels off coating. I use 22ple Wheel and Rim coating on all surfaces not covered by the tire. The wheels will stay like new for years and you will never use degreaser to clean the brake dust off. Just car wash soap and a brush or MF towel and the brake dust just disappears. Also since you will have carbon brake discs, you dont want to ever use a Pressure washer on them, or a degreaser on them. It will ultimately change the characteristics of the discs and possibly cause brake squeal.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can help anymore. Congrats on the beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2018, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
The Vanquish is a joy to drive, you will absolutely love it.

Paint Correction then PPF------ Make sure you get the Front lip, rear diffuser, and side skirts PPF'd. They tend to get chipped easy and while possible to sand the chip of clear coat then polish out the sanding marks, it is much easier to PPF them and never worry. Those bits are at least 5-8x the price that would would pay to PPF them and they definitely will get chipped. My lip gets chips, but not the bumper, go figure.

What are they putting on TOP of the PPF for protection. While most PPF companies have a hydrophobic top layer, it should still have some type of protection on top.

1. Clear Guard Nano is the PPF you should INSIST they use. NO OTHER. Reason why, is that its the clearest PPF on the market and thicker than 3M, Xpel, and Suntek. I have tested on Black cars and hands down you cant see it on the vehicle where the others you can. It costs about $800 or so more for a whole car job.

Protection------While PPF has protection built in, due to the cost and to prevent any possible UV damage, a Coating (Ceramic is Glass as in Si02) us typically used, but you can also use a wax sealant. I use AMMO Reflex, Skin, and a carnauba on top for an extra pop. On my RRS I use 22ple Mystico Element pro only coating.

GET those wheels Glass coated, you could even do them yourself if you want. People usually charge $600 for a wheels off coating. I use 22ple Wheel and Rim coating on all surfaces not covered by the tire. The wheels will stay like new for years and you will never use degreaser to clean the brake dust off. Just car wash soap and a brush or MF towel and the brake dust just disappears. Also since you will have carbon brake discs, you dont want to ever use a Pressure washer on them, or a degreaser on them. It will ultimately change the characteristics of the discs and possibly cause brake squeal.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can help anymore. Congrats on the beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terrific advice, will definitely make sure I get those carbon bits protected and I am in fact getting nano on all surfaces. Thank you!

Old 09-23-2018, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by Gene G
Congratulations on your new toy. I bought a Rolls Royce Ghost from them. Easy people to work with.
Thank you and congratulations on your new DB!

Old 09-23-2018, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by air993
Looking good. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.
Lucas
Thank you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First AM, 2018 Vanquish S