6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Quickjack (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/414646-quickjack.html)

SheriffDep 11-19-2017 05:24 PM

Quickjack
 
Anyone on here have one? I think one or two members do. But, could you possibly give any hints to what you have found since owning the jacks? I am looking to get one in Jan. This is needed for my detailing OCD. But, I will not only be lifting the DB9, but a RR Sport also. So the 7k lb model will be needed. Just want some opinion before spending 1500.

Thanks

zuman 11-19-2017 08:33 PM

Yeah, I have one.
The two lift units are heavy-ish, but I can still manage them and I'm (ahem...) now an AARP member! I have a pair of the aluminum jack pads from one of the forum sponsors here and they are a great help not only in filling the space between the body and the jack, but also in aligning the lift units under the car.
I've used it for oil changes and the regular maintenance jobs that require getting under the car, and I also use it for changing between summer and winter tires & wheels on my daily driver and my wife's and my daughters' cars. That's two days a year when I really love the Quickjack: 16 trips up the steps to the attic above the garage carrying the winter tires up and the summer tires down and vice versa. At least the Quickjack means I only have to lift each car up once!
The Quickjack feels very safe and secure and it's never made me nervous.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...06afa40b82.jpg

handyman2009 11-20-2017 06:05 AM

Same here got one as I thought it was the only safe way to lift the Vantage, I too feel very safe, used it to replaced the O2 sensors, air filters, oil change and so on. It was also very nice lifting the car to polish the side of it at a very comfortable height sitting on a little creeper. As mentioned about I use mine a lot at the beginning of the summer season to get the car ready and at the end to change winter tires on all the other cars. Very good investment but as mentioned a little heavy but doable still
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...9b96e5ce9d.jpg

brightoncorgi 11-20-2017 08:02 AM

Great thread as I have been considering one too.

rocketboots999 11-20-2017 08:58 AM


Originally Posted by brightoncorgi (Post 4679752)
Great thread as I have been considering one too.

+1 on that. Good to know that it works for our cars.

I haven't had my car long enough to jack it up and I have been wondering which way to go. Any known limitations on Vantages that came with the N400 sills?

Jeff_335i 11-20-2017 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have Quickjacks, too. Best garage thing I've ever purchased.

sonies 11-20-2017 10:18 AM

do they somehow lock in place? Those look kind of freaky

Jeff_335i 11-20-2017 10:20 AM


Originally Posted by sonies (Post 4679794)
do they somehow lock in place? Those look kind of freaky

Yes, they lock in place at two heights and are not freaky at all. They are extremely stable.

sonies 11-20-2017 10:33 AM

very cool, going to have to look into some of those

handyman2009 11-20-2017 11:13 AM


Originally Posted by rocketboots999 (Post 4679763)
+1 on that. Good to know that it works for our cars.

I haven't had my car long enough to jack it up and I have been wondering which way to go. Any known limitations on Vantages that came with the N400 sills?

I have since upgrading my car with the V8S/V12 side sills and it is not an issue

MRCW 11-20-2017 12:19 PM

I'm glad it's not too heavy for Santa 's sleigh... I'm expecting one for under the tree

SheriffDep 11-20-2017 01:43 PM

Thanks for all that information. Anyone also use theirs on a SUV? I have a RR Sport that I will need to lift from time to time. Other than weight limits, what are your thoughts?

I have the lifting blocks, 2x or 4x of them. Cannot remmeber, except they are anodized blue. LOL

I will be using mine mostly for detailing reasons, but oil and other things will be nice.

davidm17 11-20-2017 03:51 PM

This will likely be a Xmas present for my garage as well. I presume you guys are using the 5000 lb model and the SLX variant?

handyman2009 11-20-2017 05:01 PM


Originally Posted by SheriffDep (Post 4679907)
Thanks for all that information. Anyone also use theirs on a SUV? I have a RR Sport that I will need to lift from time to time. Other than weight limits, what are your thoughts?

I have the lifting blocks, 2x or 4x of them. Cannot remmeber, except they are anodized blue. LOL

I will be using mine mostly for detailing reasons, but oil and other things will be nice.

A friend of mine also bought one but the 7,000lbs vs the 5,000lbs that I bought, he told me that he has extensions to raise his Jeep up but I haven't seen it in person

Jeff_335i 11-20-2017 05:18 PM


Originally Posted by davidm17 (Post 4679978)
This will likely be a Xmas present for my garage as well. I presume you guys are using the 5000 lb model and the SLX variant?

Mine are the 5000 SLX


Originally Posted by handyman2009 (Post 4679997)
A friend of mine also bought one but the 7,000lbs vs the 5,000lbs that I bought, he told me that he has extensions to raise his Jeep up but I haven't seen it in person

A friend of mine also bought the 7000 lb model so he could lift his F150. The 7000 lb version is 20 lbs heavier per side so harder to move around, and it's also 1/2" thicker (taller?) when folded down. My 5000 lb model *just* fits under the Vantage without having to drive up on a board or jack it up a little.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:28 PM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands