6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   NEW Vantage Unveiled (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/414726-new-vantage-unveiled.html)

V12Vin 11-22-2017 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by spinecho (Post 4680622)
Really? Do we hate a turd because it is different? No, we hate it because it is sh@te.

Well I see your point. It's not that bad. I just visited a local dealer and saw the car in person. Sat in it. Fondled every switch and trim. I love the styling and this is coming from someone who just scored a dogleg.

I have come to realized that if I loathe a new design/product, then perhaps I am no longer the target demographic for that product. Then it is what it is. We all want AM to be successful and I reckon this is in the right direction.

At the very least, we both agree that this new vantage generated enough engagement, whether positive or negative.

Originally Posted by Mathman85 (Post 4680622)
I think everybody hoping for an NA V12 is going to be hugely disappointed.

I reckon if Andy Palmer is sharp enough (I know he is), he just might. Check out the new 718 GT4. It's NA despite the variants are all 4-banger turbo.

FatFrank 11-22-2017 05:45 PM

I am actually quite impressed (very) by it. I was fearful and expecting much much worse after the orphan styling of the DB11.
Well done Aston! I just might buy one!

edit: I may want to change that front bumper first. Rest of it is pretty awesome though!

skeena river rove 11-22-2017 06:18 PM

It starting to grow on me. I like it more and more. It's just very different then what we used to.

smdzucladoc 11-22-2017 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Prefurbia (Post 4680644)
I asked my sales rep how many they took on order - zero so far.

They took a no deposit required letter of intent during the private showing. You would have a spot for build and upload the spec but no money needed until they actually built a car and you can cancel anytime.

I guess if they want to count that as being sold than it works for them. But Tesla gets more crap for their numbers of model 3 reservations and that actually required a little cash

sierraV12V 11-22-2017 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by sonies (Post 4680576)
younger people seem to like the car quite a bit if evidenced by youtube comments and online places like jalopnik and reddit

Being a younger person I'd just like to say not all of us like it...I really wanted to like the new vantage and it's so close but to me the headlights don't compliment the aggressive design. I'm pretty picky about how a car looks and find most modern cars miss the mark but I've gotten the same response, without even asking, from friends as well. I'm hopeful a facelift in a few years will take care of it because other than that and a couple interior nitpicks the car is really attractive.

Scotty4300 11-22-2017 09:25 PM

Its like the loss of a loved one.
We like to remember them as they were!!

HabitualOffender 11-22-2017 09:44 PM

It's amazing how much better the front looks with the VANTAGE plate. It may be the first Aston that looks better with a front license plate than without!

I remember the very bland DB11 opinions here, but I can say they look to be selling well. Picking up my car today there were 5 that had just come in that were special orders. I believe they're selling very well, for a chicks car ;)

I have no doubt they're going to sell V8V's, or that we will see some options for the front, even throwing in a grill insert like a Lexus LC500 would do a lot to change the look, but it has lost a lot of that pure beauty and replaced it with the wolf.

About "Sold out". And this goes for every single car manufacturer, and most every other commodity.

When they say sold out, they mean the dealers have bought up all available production [or planned] capacity. It doesn't mean a single person has actually written a check, although I'm positive many have, it means the dealers have ordered inventory and between inventory and special orders, capacity has been reached. There will be new V8V's sitting in dealer showrooms in 6 months. At least I hope so, I would like to see one in person.

But damn, I love my car! ;)

Bought that new set of V12 rims and tires that were on ebay tonight, an hour after I put a lonnng curb rash in the right front, the only mark I've put on a rim, and the only rim that had zero issues [from previous drivers]. I've been so good at staying away from curbs!

boxercupdave 11-23-2017 04:13 AM

I have an 07 manual and enjoy it for what it is and I'm really beginning to like the new Vantage. Things change and I think they did a very good job of keeping a similar profile to the previous design while creating a car that can stay relevant for the next 10 years.

Hopefully their focus group studies have them going after the right segment which seems to be more sports car oriented.

Oh and the GTE version is fab

larryg 11-23-2017 08:09 AM

The folks at AM must be congratulated on their bold change in the direction of the Vantage.
While it doesn't appeal to me, Aston is clearly aiming at a new generation of buyers.
We all wish them well.

Aston502 11-23-2017 12:00 PM

Just walked past my roadster in my garage, so happy

kaliturbo 11-23-2017 01:39 PM

I guess I'm the minority here, but I actually love the new Vantage. The front looks kind of like a Miata somewhat. The rear looks like a Fiskar Emotion. The interior looks very posh.
Will definitely pick up a used one in a few years to replace my 2006 daily driven Vantage, especially if it has a manual!

mto 11-23-2017 05:38 PM

I saw the new Vantage twice in person. Certainly new and different styling direction. Sounds great. I like it better today than before. So it may grow on you. Has for me.

Seems 2018 deliveries are nearly sold out.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...arly-sold-out/

air993 11-24-2017 06:43 AM

The new design is definitely growing on me. Each time I look at it I like it more. At first I was glad to have my old 2006, but the more I see this new car the more I want it. I just wonder how similar it will feel to the AMG GT.

RossL 11-24-2017 07:55 AM

I like it. The only complaint I have is 20" wheels look big in the pics but I'm sure in person it will look good. I'll probably get one when a special edition comes out.

Mathman85 11-24-2017 10:47 AM

Some more of the sound (starting at 12:07ish). Not a bad sound at idle, actually.