Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I rather like it, but would have to see it in person to judge just like our vantages they probably don't photograph well and look taller than they are in photographs... also they should have launched it with a manual option, but good to see they didn't use that ASM box that everyone loved to hate.

I think a quad exhaust on the rear would look pretty good and fill out that space more, easy mod...

and I think this is a similar but different competition to the 911 turbo which starts at $160k, this vantage starts at $150k I have to laugh to the guy that says the 570s is a direct competitor to this... yeah... no thats easily 50k more

better learn to love the ol' catfish!

Last edited by sonies; 11-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:13 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
His point is that, once you start adding options, you're in McLaren 570 territory.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:34 AM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Redpants
My issue with it is that the exhaust tips are proportionally way too small compared to the giant rear sections they stick out of.

Big field of black, itty-bitty exhaust tips:

I agree. While I actually really like the new rear end, the exhaust section just looks like they ran out of time to complete. It's going to need something more aggressive to fit in with the rest of the car and "fill the gap." Instead of dual tips, perhaps an angled tip similar to the GT2?

Old 11-21-2017, 11:35 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Will there be a brightwork version of the trim?

I'd like to see one with natural leather color theme and what else they can besides the CF trim. There must be some more elegant spec'd models than what is shown so far?

Last edited by brightoncorgi; 11-21-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:39 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
What historically made Aston Martins stand out from the competition?

Performance? Nope.
Handling? Nope.
Racing pedigree? Nope.
Price? Nope.
Beautiful Looks? Bingo!

Oh dear...

Old 11-21-2017, 11:47 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Will there be a brightwork version of the trim?

I'd like to see one with natural leather color theme and what else they can besides the CF trim. There must be some more elegant spec'd models than what is shown so far?
spec your own, brother!
there's some pretty cool Q colors as well
https://configurator.astonmartin.com...DAIBAIFAgCCYBA

theres one i did real fast

Last edited by sonies; 11-21-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:52 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
ugh, def don't love it. rear valance is cool but as rich has pointed out, the tips are too small, or should be quad tipped at least. like the overall lines of the car, but absolutely hate the headlights, they look like they came off the new miata. interior is also pretty spot on.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:54 AM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by spinecho
What historically made Aston Martins stand out from the competition?

Performance? Nope.
Handling? Nope.
Racing pedigree? Nope.
Price? Nope.
Beautiful Looks? Bingo!

Oh dear...
Exactly this. Lotus will out handle it, Porsche Turbo will out accelerate, McLaren will out-do-both, and then you get into the "bargain" performance cars that will out do it on the stat sheet a la Nissan GTR... but what has Aston always traded on, and the reason all of us have one? 'Cause it was always the sexiest one... As Spinecho states, Oh dear.

I'm hoping it will grow on me as I'd not intended my 2014 Vantage S to be my last Aston, but unlike say the last Vanquish reveal, this one did not tug at the heart strings at first sight.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
In the pre-reveal, my wife wanted to leave immediately, I sat in it and hated the look and feel of the interior - lost 110% of the elegance which is what Aston was all about.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:10 PM
hawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura abouthawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura abouthawaiianvantage has a spectacular aura about
With a new car, a new name? Are they dropping the "V8/V12" portion of the name? With all the negative feedback, they should have named it something else so the old and the new can't be mixed up.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:11 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The front grill looks crude in each of its optional colors. At least in the configurator.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
The front grill looks crude in each of its optional colors. At least in the configurator.
yeah black seems to be the best one, hides it the best...

I can imagine that future facelifts will have some sort of slatted design added to it, which I don't think would look that bad TBH

Old 11-21-2017, 01:52 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Just did a quick read through all the posts in this thread.
It seems the general consensus is not a very positive one.
Well, this has happened in the automotive world all too often when a new generation of vehicle coms out to replace a very well received and loved previous-gen.
I think Aston Martin deserves a round of applause for trying to do something different and rather than sticking to what they've been doing for the past decades. As they'd promised, Aston Martin tries to give us different cars in their lineup or at least tries to make some distinctions among their product lines. Look at the current Vantage, DB9 and Vanquish. Sometimes even us AM enthusiasts would have a hard time telling one apart from another. AM is doing a commendable job trying to differentiate Vantage being the "sporty" and "race-track oriented" one from DB11 which is poised to be a more "luxury oriented" and "elegant" GT.

I think we should give this new Vantage some time to grow on us. It's simply too quick to judge a new product on day 1 of its debut. Besides, I'm sure 99% of us here have not seen the car in person yet (myself included) let alone having any driving impression with this new Vantage. But I find it amusing that someone here already mention about a "face-lift" already. Tough crowd...tough crowd.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:55 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sonies

and I think this is a similar but different competition to the 911 turbo which starts at $160k, this vantage starts at $150k I have to laugh to the guy that says the 570s is a direct competitor to this... yeah... no thats easily 50k more

better learn to love the ol' catfish!

Not sure if you are referring to me, but they have about 5 pre-spec versions of the vantage and they were running close to 190k. Yes, you can MSO optioned out a 570s to above 250k but most are not going for that. You are right the 570s is not a competitor to this, it is way above it and I will gladly pay another 30k to get 570s over the new vantage.

Also, you can buy a brand new 650s that has been sitting in port for less than a 570s. So you can choose a 650s vs the new vantage.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:13 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PK_Vantage
I think we should give this new Vantage some time to grow on us. It's simply too quick to judge a new product on day 1 of its debut. Besides, I'm sure 99% of us here have not seen the car in person yet (myself included) let alone having any driving impression with this new Vantage. But I find it amusing that someone here already mention about a "face-lift" already. Tough crowd...tough crowd.
Aston Martin has always been about love at first sight. If it takes time to grow on you, it’s not what the brand is about. All the outgoing models were pretty much universally admired from day one, and for good reason.

I feel sorry for the dealers who have to justify this design with performance specs. Just buy the Mercedes, it looks much better

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.