Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 12:00 PM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
Having now seen the car in person and having spoken to the AM product manager about it, I can say that in the right color and options, I'd sell my current Vantage S and get one of the new Vantages. My sticking point however, is optioned to mirror my current car, I arrive at 199K before Tax and Title... and some of those options don't feel like options at all, but things that one would probably never buy this car without.

Knowing the MASSIVE depreciation that this car will have in year 1 and 2, I don't know if I can stomach buying new in my perfect spec vs. waiting a year or two and finding something in as close a spec as possible and save 60K.

Last edited by 99Problems; 12-20-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:08 PM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
oh, and that "effervescent lime" or whatever they are calling that color does nothing for the car's lines, at all, in person. I get the connection to AMR and all that, but still.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:06 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

I will be ordering the new Vantage when the manual version is available in 2019... which means a bit of a wait. Perhaps the dealer will discount it a bit (like they are currently doing with the DB11). I may lease it with a purchase option to make it more affordable... it depends. I do like this classic Aston Martin racing green color combination (with red accents up front, full carbon fiber kit inside and out). In the meantime, I'll be making my 2013 Vantage S the best it can be with the addition of headers, a lightweight flywheel and 200 cell cats.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:09 PM
mrklas will become famous soon enough
I owned a 2012 Vantage and ordered a 2018... I like the overall package.

The design has evolved and to me the car looks best in a silver with the gloss black trim. The rear diffuser seems a bit busy to me; however, it seems to me complementary color schemes versus start contrasts can mellow out the look.

I own a C63S and love the AMG engine and the fact that MB supplies the electronics and such was the kicker for me.

The interior looks very functional and comfortable - something to bring occasion to taking it out for a spin. Certainly a bit more high-end details than my 911 GTS which I will be selling.

In regards, to the my 2012 vantage. I loved it but decided to get rid the vehicle because I was irritated about the recalls and the amount of parts that had car manufacturers other than AM - was concerned about maintenance costs if AM went bankrupt.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:12 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mrklas
I owned a 2012 Vantage and ordered a 2018... I like the overall package.

The design has evolved and to me the car looks best in a silver with the gloss black trim. The rear diffuser seems a bit busy to me; however, it seems to me complementary color schemes versus start contrasts can mellow out the look.

I own a C63S and love the AMG engine and the fact that MB supplies the electronics and such was the kicker for me.

The interior looks very functional and comfortable - something to bring occasion to taking it out for a spin. Certainly a bit more high-end details than my 911 GTS which I will be selling.

In regards, to the my 2012 vantage. I loved it but decided to get rid the vehicle because I was irritated about the recalls and the amount of parts that had car manufacturers other than AM - was concerned about maintenance costs if AM went bankrupt.
With that said (worries about recalls and bankruptcy) why did you order a 2018 Vantage?

Old 12-20-2017, 03:38 PM
I said I was irritated by the recalls - not worried about them. The total cost of ownership was a concern given the Frankenstine nature of the mechanicals and electronics. I am hoping the technology partnership with MB means I can always get the mechanical electrical parts from MB if necessary.

Also AM is poised to be profitable this year and with the second century plan seem to be more focused on growing the business and leveraging resources than in the past.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:50 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
No way, no how. I will never own this version of the Vantage. I don't like it and never will. I hope they fix the big issues quickly with a facelift. This is the 996 for AM. And I owned two 996's. This is much worse.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:59 PM
I've ordered one:
Lightning Silver - with gills, roof and rear diffuser in body color
Gloss Black Trim
Black with Diamond Edge Rims (couldn't order the forged wheels yet)
Interior Obsidien Black with Phantom Gray
Sports Plus, Technology and Comfort Pack
and a few miscellaneous things such as AM emblem, premium audio and umbrella.
All said and done just shy of $180k

Old 12-21-2017, 06:36 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I've ordered one:
Gloss Black Trim

Sounds amazing! When did they quote for delivery? Are you going to the factory to check it out before it ships?

Old 12-21-2017, 06:46 AM
Thanks! The order becomes 'firm' this week; only been told 2nd quarter 2018. I visited the factory when I lived in Europe...not expecting to visit during the build though never say never.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:13 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I've ordered one:
Gloss Black Trim
Nice, be sure to post some pics when you get it in a few months!

Old 12-21-2017, 10:45 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Old 12-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Cool video, I think the more I look at this new Vantag. I really like every angle expect the front grill treatment..
Ron

Old 01-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
The more l see this the. Or even I appreciate it. It’s not exactly to my tast, but it certainly does make a statement.

Old 01-11-2018, 12:17 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
So did Aston pay him for that review? Geez. Tungsten Silver makes it look better. Air from the turbos still has to go through the intercoolers so it's not like having the turbos in the V means air goes straight into the motor. Short piping is mainly due to where the intercoolers are placed. Good video of the car, but the review was meh.

That was done at the Aston dealer in Atlanta. I wonder if it's still there. Could go check it out this weekend if it its.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.