Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 08:16 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Nicely done....

But still.....

Oh well, it's not like current Astons have never been mistaken for a Tesla, Maserati, Chrysler, Ford etc etc

Old 08-30-2018, 08:28 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
My local dealer (Waltham, MA) has delivered one new Vantage and has a demo car in the show room. The delivered car was driven by owner to NY. Perhaps the owner is on this forum?

Old 08-30-2018, 08:28 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zettinger
After reading this I wonder if the new Vantage I drove was broken, I did not think it was that much faster than my (same as yours) 4.7l sport pack.
I only test drove an 2008 4.3l before buying mine. I thought the 4.3l was missing HP and set my mind for the 4.7 back then.
yeah it may have been broken, it is a seriously fast car and I believe the numbers they tout when they say its 0-60 is 3.5 seconds (our 4.7's 0-60 is what 4.5 seconds? which is dubious to me IMO) the thing just absolutely flies to 80mph and is quite fun to drive in track mode with the hard feeling gear shifts. Man I want one... that green one in the post above looks nice

Old 08-30-2018, 09:16 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
We're not that different, but you must see a much younger man in the mirror than I do

I have the answer to that.

Ooops.

I was racing a buddy of mine back from the race at Dover [much younger and much stupider] and his IROC was getting the best of me but as we cut into I95 merge I saw a straight path across 4 lanes straight to the fast lane on full throttle. Hit the lane, looked in the rear view, and the officer already had the red and blues spinning. he walked up to the window and I said "Oooops!"

I still got a ticket but it was for 20mph less and under the 15 over insurance bangs you for.
i think we should just leave our cars in the climate controlled garage ands just look at them. Satisfy all the nannies and tree huggers and climate change idiots out there

Old 08-30-2018, 02:16 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
LOL. I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

It doesn't take a whole lot of skill in a street car to mash the pedal, especially in an automatic. There's a light near my house that is at the end of a highway. That's the only light I'll launch hard from because I can get up to 100+ before I need to slow down and it leads into some nice turns. On ramps are fun for that as well. We all like to have some fun driving, but you have to pick your spots. Stoplight racing is pointless. You should just get out of the car and whip it out to see who has the bigger one if you're that insecure.

If you really want to race then head to the drag strip and see what you've really got. Or do a track day.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:37 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by davidm17
Stoplight racing is pointless. You should just get out of the car and whip it out to see who has the bigger one if you're that insecure.

If you really want to race then head to the drag strip and see what you've really got. Or do a track day.
Red light warriors add a little fun to an otherwise mundane day. Besides at least they have a chance in their car, if they had to whip it out I wouldn't worry about getting beat by SUV's.

I was going to do a couple track days this summer, best laid plans. And if I could just get Aldv down to a grudge match day at Atco Speedway we'd settle this SS/6M babble for good!

Old 02-26-2019, 11:00 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of

Harry seems to like it after living with it for a few days...

honestly just give me a stripped down one with a manual, and without that god awful nav screen please! a new Vantage GT perhaps

Old 02-26-2019, 11:18 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Loved his review. I’m looking forward to the manual as well. I think I’ll hold out till then as there’s nothing (except a Corvette) that has this type of performance with a manual.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Loved his review. I’m looking forward to the manual as well. I think I’ll hold out till then as there’s nothing (except a Corvette) that has this type of performance with a manual.
Lotus Evora 400 or Porsche 911?

Old 02-27-2019, 10:32 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Lotus Evora 400 or Porsche 911?
The Evora is not under consideration... The new 911 is not offered with a 6speed yet. I just drove the new Vantage again and loved it... I just have to be patient.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:34 AM
The Evora is not under consideration...
but a Vette is under consideration?

Old 02-27-2019, 10:36 AM
I've been there, done that with a Vette, Porsche too. I've become loyal to the AM brand I guess... to a fault.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:42 AM
I've been there, done that with a Vette, Porsche too. I've become loyal to the AM brand I guess... to a fault.
If I were looking to track the car a lot, I'd take the Evora 400 over the Vantage. Evora 400 only gets so expensive, so spending new Vantage money, the Evora 400 may be off the list I suppose. They can do a lot of custom stuff too that could raise cost towards the Vantage.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:21 PM
I wish I had way more money and way more garage space, the Evora 400 would totally be a canyon carver for me or my wife

Old 02-28-2019, 10:23 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
The Evora is not under consideration... The new 911 is not offered with a 6speed yet. I just drove the new Vantage again and loved it... I just have to be patient.
Likewise I drove the new vantage again as well. Yesterday in fact. First time was at the track. This time on the streets. And I kept looking for a gear kn*b in the center console that doesn't exist!

I am hooked. I reckon a 6speed in this vantage will be quite exhilarating.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.