Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Curious dumb question about V12S shocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Curious dumb question about V12S shocks

Years ago I had a 2009 CTS-V with the magnetic shocks - a great suspension technology. With my V12S I have three different settings on the suspension - is that a similar technology to electronically control ride or is that something entirely different?

Old 12-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I understand that, but does that mean the shocks have some sort of electronic control, and how does that work?

Old 12-10-2017, 08:39 AM
Ah, ok thanks!

Old 12-10-2017, 05:23 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redpants
The V12VS shocks have a solenoid that makes an adjustment. In this pic you can see the adjustment **** at the top of each coilover:

Instead of you having to manually twist that ****, the solenoid does that for you.
Richard are those actual coilovers of the V12VS with the height adjustable collars?

Old 12-10-2017, 09:11 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redpants
The ones in the pic are the prototypes I've got on my red V8 Vantage. The production set is still in the works.

These are manually adjustable for compression/rebound and ride height, but not electronic, and they're made for the V8 Vantage.
Cool. Thanks!