6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   2007 DB9 SATNAV Module (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/415651-2007-db9-satnav-module.html)

randyb 12-13-2017 09:10 AM

2007 DB9 SATNAV Module

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Volvo unit in AM cars and the units they put in the Volvo's?

Because AM doesn't just bend you over, they comeback for seconds with their prices.

SheriffDep 12-14-2017 05:21 AM

Hang tight Randy about upgrading with discs or anything. Standard Volvo discs are supposed to work, a bunch of threads on it.

BUT..... I most likely am going to renew my efforts in Jan on transplanting a Garmin 6" into the same spot with same functions as the factory screen. It has been done , SDEKoenig, has a thread on it, but I need to work out several things, like opening and closeing of the lid. Like I said, Its been done.

I know you need a spare screen tray (which I have). Then the gps is slotted in there, but will give you lifetime updates. I really don't use it at all, I don't like the door open while driving. Plus my iPad has a large nice screen. I use a Joy Factory seat mount for the iPad anyway.

randyb 12-14-2017 11:30 AM

I have the upgraded discs, just need to know if AM modified the SATNAV module in anyway.

Thanks,
Randy

Senatorblutarsky 12-15-2017 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by SheriffDep (Post 4685373)
Hang tight Randy about upgrading with discs or anything. Standard Volvo discs are supposed to work, a bunch of threads on it.

BUT..... I most likely am going to renew my efforts in Jan on transplanting a Garmin 6" into the same spot with same functions as the factory screen. It has been done , SDEKoenig, has a thread on it, but I need to work out several things, like opening and closeing of the lid. Like I said, Its been done.

I know you need a spare screen tray (which I have). Then the gps is slotted in there, but will give you lifetime updates. I really don't use it at all, I don't like the door open while driving. Plus my iPad has a large nice screen. I use a Joy Factory seat mount for the iPad anyway.

YOU ARE THE MAN! I ordered some home stuff from Crutchfield last week and tried to get the sales rep interested in coming up with a solution for both Nav and bluetooth upgrade. No interest. I am anxiously waiting for your results and rooting for you!

MRCW 12-15-2017 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Senatorblutarsky (Post 4685669)
YOU ARE THE MAN! I ordered some home stuff from Crutchfield last week and tried to get the sales rep interested in coming up with a solution for both Nav and bluetooth upgrade. No interest. I am anxiously waiting for your results and rooting for you!

I recall some place seeing someone install just a plain hi res flat screen in the place of the old nav screen and then use some plug and play black boxes to wirelessly stream cell phone content...

This is what I'd like to do with my Vantage but right now just enjoying the car.

randyb 12-20-2017 09:25 AM

do SATNAV modules need to be programmed?