Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Rapide 2012 Sat Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 03:57 PM
inlet is an unknown quantity at this point
Aston Rapide 2012 Sat Radio Problem

My 2012 Rapide Satillite Radio doesn't seem to work. The fuse in the truck is fine. When I hit the mode button and select Sirius 1 nothing happens the screen goes blank and the menu button doesn't show Sat Radio option. All the other options work. (ie aux ipod). Is there a fuse on the siruis box? Where is the phyical radio location? I did just have the battery replaced recently and I don't know if that could have caused it.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:07 PM
4x4sche is an unknown quantity at this point
Just like me and a number of other owners that have posted online, it seems that your subscription has lapsed or more likely been transferred to another vehicle by the prior owner. Some Sirius units still respond and play one channel with a toll free number when the subscription lapses. The earlier ones in Aston Martin's just seem to disappear from the menu. These cars were sold originally with a "lifetime subscription". Sirius/XM seems to interpret that this means "the lifetime that the original purchaser owned the car" because the subscription stays with the person. I could not confirm whether the subscription on my vehicle had actually been transferred or Sirius had just stopped service in an effort to get me to subscribe. You will need the number off the label on the unit to set up service.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Where is the physical unit located?

Old 12-17-2017, 01:01 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Sirius satellite module has failed communication, no display on #1 Or #2 indicates communication fault. You can only retrieve the Sirius ID number thru the settings on screen menu. Check connections at the sattelite module and +/- pins.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Sirius satellite module has failed communication, no display on #1 Or #2 indicates communication fault. You can only retrieve the Sirius ID number thru the settings on screen menu. Check connections at the sattelite module and +/- pins.
where is the satellite communication module located?

Old 12-17-2017, 01:26 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
RH side behind panel

Old 12-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
RH side behind panel
trunk? i saw the dvd player there. does it have its own fuse on the unit itself?

Old 08-20-2020, 09:06 PM
Will Dlesk is an unknown quantity at this point
Any updates to this? I'm having the same issue.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:39 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I've had other cars with Sirius that remained working until you go to Howard Stern channels. As soon as it sees you tuned into those it says it needs a subscription. On the Rapide, I just skip those channels and in my 4 years of owning the car haven't had the service turn off.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:24 AM
Will Dlesk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Problem Fixed!

I should have followed up... I resolved the Sirius issue in my 2011 Rapide but didn't take enough photos for a writeup.
  1. My screen was blank as OP mentioned. No channels, not even 184 preview channel.
  2. Called Sirius, they mentioned in early 2010, modules were stand-alone and not part of the radio head. They recommended to power-cycle the radio components.
  3. Called Aston Martin Tech at Foreign Cars Charlotte. Tech stated no "power-cycle" option.
  4. Found a used Sirius Volvo module on eBay for $60. SDARS pn 31260280 AA.
  5. Removed back passenger-side carpet in the trunk/boot. Removed phillips head screws and 8mm bolts holding rear-seat entertainment (RSE) modules.
  6. Found Sirius module underneath the RSE. Used my phone camera to record a video of what plugs needed removed from the module.
  7. Unplugged the old module with the aid of a small flat head screwdriver and plugged in my new module. Left the old module in place and used velcro tape to place in the new module to the rear quarter panel.
  8. Turned on car and checked Sirius... Woohoo!! I now had the preview station 184.
  9. Called Sirius and transferred to the new ESN. They waved the $15 fee because I told them about my problem.
  10. Buttoned everything up and working good!

As a note, I did remove the rear passenger wheel, inner liner and the 8mm bolts as the gentleman above described. However, this only gave me access to the B&O amp and the subwoofer in my Rapide. I was not able to access the Sirius module from this location.

Rear trunk 2011 AM Rapide with aft carpet removed

Rear Fuse box and RSE 2011 AM Rapide

Rear passenger wheel 2011 AM Rapide

RSE removal 2011 AM Rapide

Rear passenger wheel and inner liner removed 2011 AM Rapide

Tools needed for wheel liner and RSE removal 2011 AM Rapide

Tools needed for wheel liner and RSE removal 2011 AM Rapide