Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Front windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 12:20 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Yeah, would make a great sitcom.

Last edited by randyb; 01-22-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:28 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by randyb
So, I took the car to dimmit's and I was a little late getting there (8:45) and windshield company coming at noon. Had to wait an hour for a ride to work and had to call them twice for updates, second time at 3:50 and was told the car would not be ready and I needed to pick up in the morning at 9a. Was more than a little hot then, they did not offer me a ride or anything. So instead of dropping off my rental and going there I called and was told they were having trouble with the trim re-install and car would be ready at 10.
Called back at 10:30 and was told the car was being washed (it was not washed), so I drop off my rental and go to the dealership and low and behold no car. Found out trim was still being installed, needless to say I did not get out of there till almost 12:30.

Here is another reason not to take your car there, I asked them to check the amplifier and see if it was bad. The tech told me the checked the MOST ring and found nothing was talking (which I knew from my last visit), they did NOT check the amp and they charged me a $250 diagnostic fee.

And to top everything off, so of the trim was not installed correctly and water was coming in the drivers window, so I had to have them fix that.

I went to that dealership once to ask about a service bulletin. After speaking with the service advisor I concluded that was not the dealer I wanted to service my car. I have had good results with the dealer in Orlando

Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 AM
I wanted to go to Orlando, but my schedule right now precluded that from happening.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:14 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have to get a new one. Driving the DC beltway from VA onto the 270 spur and some as*hole was driving full speed on the debris ridden shoulder. I guess he was merging in from having stopped. The road was at 75% capacity so no getting out of the way just had to brake hard. I heard multiple rocks hit but only saw a tiny scratch in the middle of the screen. I stopped to get gas and when I got back in the car there was a 7" crack that started as a chip at the very upper and far left drivers side. It spread while filling up I guess. Inside, I had to lower my head to look up there and see where it started. I was so pissed at that guy because I figured I would have a bunch of rock chips on the paint but I didn't expect a delayed wrecked windshield. I knew there wasn't anything I could do. It's a he said she said.

So my $1,000 deductible will be put to use again this summer. Sucks.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:41 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deckman
I have to get a new one. Driving the DC beltway from VA onto the 270 spur and some as*hole was driving full speed on the debris ridden shoulder. I guess he was merging in from having stopped. The road was at 75% capacity so no getting out of the way just had to brake hard. I heard multiple rocks hit but only saw a tiny scratch in the middle of the screen. I stopped to get gas and when I got back in the car there was a 7" crack that started as a chip at the very upper and far left drivers side. It spread while filling up I guess. Inside, I had to lower my head to look up there and see where it started. I was so pissed at that guy because I figured I would have a bunch of rock chips on the paint but I didn't expect a delayed wrecked windshield. I knew there wasn't anything I could do. It's a he said she said.

So my $1,000 deductible will be put to use again this summer. Sucks.
Sorry to hear about your windshield. Something similar happened to me (debris came off a truck) resulting in a chip (always in your field of vision) I had it filled at a safelite shop and so far its holding.
I am now terrified of driving behind trucks.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:20 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Check your insurance policy... FL is zero deductible for windshields.

I am sure the ins co didn't like that law when they forked out $3800 at the dealership for mine...

Old 08-28-2018, 08:11 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I've had another car recently have a rock crack the windshield and my deductible applied.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:31 PM
Hope you have better luck then me, USAA now says the damage is my responsiblity. So this is what I have been able to figure out, the windshield definitely leaks, but only seems to happen when the rain comes directly from the front or the car is moving. So, the leak is low in the windshield and now I have to prove to USAA that the leak is in the windshield.
So any ideas are very welcome.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:44 PM
Oh, a funny note. The one weatherstripping part that leaks the most, also costs the most.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:28 AM
patrija is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by randyb
Hope you have better luck then me, USAA now says the damage is my responsiblity. So this is what I have been able to figure out, the windshield definitely leaks, but only seems to happen when the rain comes directly from the front or the car is moving. So, the leak is low in the windshield and now I have to prove to USAA that the leak is in the windshield.
So any ideas are very welcome.
I used USAA for over 20 years for my house, cars, motorcycles, personal property and umbrella and dropped them 6 years ago ... a year after I got my Aston. Never had a customer service problem but their total price was > 1.5x for less coverage than State Farm or Geico (at least in Atlanta with no claims).