Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Vantage V8 2006 Airbag alert just came on . HELP!

Old 12-20-2017, 10:21 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Aston Martin Vantage V8 2006 Airbag alert just came on . HELP!

Hi AMV8 folks,

Ive been away for awhile, but have been enjoying the AmV8 vantage for the past 4 years! love it!
However, just tonight, the airbag warning came on..... "needs urgent attention..."
What the heck???
i have a scanner so i guess i could try and clear codes but what do you think happened for it to go on? never any contact. ive heard seat position can trigger it, or that connector under the seat.
any advice??

thanks!

Old 12-21-2017, 05:01 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Probably your battery as you mention in other post that you had issue with it and these car don't like weak battery... All sort of funny stuff happen

Old 12-21-2017, 05:35 AM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
I have had this pop up intermittently. I move the seats up and back and the warning goes away.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:40 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Another cause can be putting something slightly heavy on the passenger seat. My first Aston used to get that warning if I put my Nikon with my 70-200mm lens on the seat.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:53 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Kanga
You'll need a scanner that works on the body module, the connector on the right (engine module is on left). Not all scanners will be compatible. I just got a Foxwell NT510 that reset mine without any problems ( I had the car apart with the front sensors deactivated and turned on the ignition which popped the same code).
Well, moved the seat around , nothing changed. plugged in my obdII scanner, to the port on the right side DRIVER side, under ignition basically, but hidden and i got my coolant is too cool warning, but no codes for the airbag.
charged up the battery which was a little low, and now got in the car and started it up, repeat, and nothing changed. it still goes through the self check at the beginning and says, "urgent check airbag, etc".

Old 12-21-2017, 11:29 AM
The two sockets are next to each other under the ignition basically. The one on the right probably has a cap on it, the one on the left is uncovered.
same size? fits the same scanner plug?
one is the body scanner that has the info for things like airbag warning?

Old 12-21-2017, 12:34 PM
Yes same size, fits same scanner plug. Yes the body scanner has airbag info.
yep, found it . it had a cover on it. MAN, it is hard to see and do things up in there!
anyway, my cheapo scanner cant read the code or even connect via the CAN protocol. reads the engine codes on the other plug , but not the "body" connector.

are there low cost scanners to tap into the body output plug?
do you think there is a problem, or just a fault that came out of my battery voltage being low and now it just needs to be cleared?

Old 12-23-2017, 08:09 PM
The Foxwell NT510 was $149 delivered and reads and corrects the codes from both the engine and body modules. It has specific software for Aston Martin as well. Worked on mine and showed up a few other stored codes that I removed as well.
'
I guess ill need to get that to remove the warning.

does everyone think that the warning is just a product of the battery being low, and making an errror code on a weak start, where the voltage drops really low? i have had a lot of error / alerts come up on the dash siince the battery has been weak. security system alert, emmissions alert but they go away after a few starts.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:03 PM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
You can try to set your scanner to Volvo, XC-90 iirc and read he airbag codes with this setting, it should work.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:08 AM
dshield is on a distinguished road
I couldn't get my Autel scanner to extinguish the Passenger Airbag warning (2007 AMV8) for more than a few seconds. I removed the airbag module (it's a Volvo part) from the center armrest position, and prepared to send it to a place that could reset the code. They said that since the car had not been in a crash, there was nothing they could erase. So I put it back in the car, cleared the code with the Autel (set to Volvo XC90). It's been cleared for a month now. :-)

Old 01-10-2018, 09:23 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. it sounds like i need to buy the Autel scanner to reset the airbag warning, but what about the standard hard /reset method of clearing codes? does that work at all?? (with no scanner, just using the process of holding down the two buttons on the control panel)

Old 09-26-2019, 06:07 AM
robkat is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same issue, passenger airbag fault, constantly on while seat is empty or with a passenger. Looked underneath, everything seems connected correctly. I havent been able to get a proper scan tool yet, but i'll try and order one. I'm hoping its just another electric gremlin of the Aston and not another expensive component needed.