Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Maintenance recommended

Old 12-22-2017, 06:34 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lve2xlr8 View Post
Changing the transaxle fluid (went with OEM) made an incredible improvement to the way my shifter feels. Car only had 16k miles. This would be my biggest recommendation.
I too noticed a difference at that mileage when it was changed and also noticed an improvement on any car (auto or manual) I have changed the transmission fluid on.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gene G View Post
A set far as doing the transaxle Rich from Redpants has a DIY video. Maybe someone or Rich can post a DIY coolant change video. His videos are very helpful. Thanks Rich.
Once I finish up my relocation, I'll be back to making videos. The coolant drain on the radiator is in a terrible spot, so the job can be really messy if you're doing it the old-school way. It can also be difficult to do a full change - you might end up doing a few drain-fill cycles to get it all because a gravity drain won't cut it. If you've got a pressure/vac system, it'd be much easier.

Originally Posted by XWCGT View Post
so, i have 12 year old coolant and transmission gear oil.. sounds like i know what im doing this weekend
where do i get the motul coolant?
any recommendations for the gear oil for the 6 speed manual transmission? redlineNS or something?
I've got both OEM and Motul gear oils in stock:
http://www.redpants.lol/shop/?category=Transmission
The Motul is better than most 75w90's out there, so it'll be an improvement over a standard gear oil. The OEM Castrol is even better still - it's closer to a 70w90 - but it's far more expensive than others.

Here's more info:
http://www.redpants.lol/gear-oils/

I use Motul in my grey Vantage and OEM in my red one. I went with Motul in my grey Vantage for the extra protection on track. I'm using the OEM Castrol gear oil in my red Vantage because I don't need to worry about the extra abuse from hard driving, so shifting smoothness is the highest priority.

[email protected]
Old 12-22-2017, 02:02 PM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
what is the OE fluid? castrol?

Old 12-22-2017, 04:10 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
This is what I used.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171222_160251.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	518194

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171222_160300.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	3.88 MB
ID:	518195

Old 12-22-2017, 05:10 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Castrol BOT 270A

Originally Posted by XWCGT View Post
what is the OE fluid? castrol?
Castrol is the OEM recommended fluid.

Check out the DIY link; some of the photos are missing but you can get the general idea of what's involved:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...id-change.html

Attached Images