Used Aston in my future?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
Used Aston in my future?

Hello,
I’m looking at pulling the trigger on a 07 Aston Martin Vantage manual coupe. The car has 57k, 2owners. The used car dealership is offering 40k for it. They dropped the price after I talked to them about the clutch replacement. According to the car fax, the car has been serviced at the correct maintenance intervals. Issues include nav screen will not rotate, missing the DVD map disc and a battery replacement will be needed soon. The engine seems fine and the car drives great. Are there any other “gotchas” that I need to be on the look out for. Is this a good deal? Thanks in advanced!

Old 01-03-2018, 05:52 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
For big ticket items, the typical problem would be a leaking timing cover, as well as the clutch.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...over-seal.html

Smaller issues that are typical would be the need for a thermostat (never gets to 1/2 temp), as well as tail light condensation (and subsequent failure of unrepairable parts). Also, the gas struts are most probably weak.

For exhaustive detail on the car, the book "Definitive Guide to New Gaydon Era Aston Martin" covers the options, history, etc of the cars.

Redpants.lol is a great resource for parts, and howtos.

If the clutch is needed, I think that makes the price marginal. Unfortunately, I think you'd be north of 45k for a car after the work is done, with relatively high miles.

Matt

Old 01-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Look at the 09 Vantage at Morries Aston Martin in Minneapolis ask for Russano.- I used to own it - great car (but sportsshift) has new clutch for similar pricing - or the 07 at Morries (I think that's a manual) - a local doctor I know babied it... also a good buy.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:08 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
$40k seems like a decent price to me. Not a great price, but in line with the market. That would be for a car that has no cosmetic issues. The big mechanical issues to check were already listed. I'd also go through the interior thoroughly as well as go over the exterior looking for scratches or other marks. Check under the car. If it's the color you want and has the options then I don't think it's a bad deal. Only you can decide if it's worth it. If you can get an 09 for the same price or a few K more then that's definitely something to consider.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:15 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Sounds like a nice deal, see if it can be cpo'd, then you are really in there, but just checked the year they probably won't ….

Old 01-05-2018, 09:43 AM
johnvan8 is an unknown quantity at this point
@Prefurbia: I sent your a visitor message
Thanks

Old 01-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...I agree with Davidm17..09 for the 4.7 motor...

Old 01-06-2018, 09:25 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
For the difference a 4.7 stick will cost you could supercharge the 4.3 and dust any 4.7

Old 01-09-2018, 10:41 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
For the difference a 4.7 stick will cost you could supercharge the 4.3 and dust any 4.7
I would still take the 4.7 even if it was slower than a supercharged 4.3

Old 01-09-2018, 01:28 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I would still take the 4.7 even if it was slower than a supercharged 4.3
Of course, but just pointing out the large dollar difference between a 4.3 stick and a 4.7 stick. You can do alot to the 4.3, just the tune and exhaust and it will already edge out a 4.7. Though I much prefer the interior on my 4.7!

Old 01-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
These cars are toys. They are usually a third or fourth car and used occasionally in great weather and are the source of much pride for their owners. Find one that has been treated well and in the color and condition that appeals to you.
I had a 09 Black V8V with the 4.7 and a sportshift. It was in nice shape. Now I have an 08 with the 4.3 and a Manual. This one was loved by its former owner and it shows not a mark on the paint and the interior is as new. It original owner took incredible care of it and now we have become friends. It is a far nicer car than the 09 was. Take your time there are really nice ones out there,just be patient and you will find a gem. I would rather over pay for the right car than under pay for the wrong one. Have fun searching its half the fun.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
If I may, what was the driver for moving to the older 4.3? I'm guessing the third pedal, but curious.

Having moved from the newer interior, to the older, what were the pro/con you noticed?

Ditto for moving from the 4.7 to 4.3? Was it noticeable enough to second guess, the "downgrade"

Thanks

Old 01-09-2018, 09:39 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I had traded my 09 on a RENNtech e63 wagon and missed my Aston, so the search was on. Hated the sportshift so was looking for a manual. When I found the green 08 it was such a nice car and looked like new everywhere I looked I just had to buy it. No downgrading at all I put 200 cel cats,an x pipe and had Eurocharge tune it. It already had a Quicksilver exhaust,a DBS shifter,and N400 side panels. The BC Forged wheels and Michelin tires gave it a more modern look and ride better than the stock wheels and tires. After talking with the former owner it had never even been driven in the rain and was stored for the winters. The former owner even went to England to see it being built. He sent me a picture of it on the final assembly line.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7BDE7126-2E4A-4D45-A31B-1C74CC3162D6.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	519071