Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

The Great Canadian Aston Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 04:48 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
The Great Canadian Aston Thread

Here's an invitation for all fellow Canadian Aston owners to post pics and stories! Even if you've posted recently, why not share some more? I'll start with my new V12 Vantage, picked up this past March:

Slate blue/baltic blue, with HRE P43S (kind thanks to Jaymoney for inspiration and advice on the wheels!)

Attached Images      
Old 06-07-2012, 05:12 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Looks nice. Did you change your shifter? I thought all V12Vs came with the alloy "power ranger leg" shifter.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Brush Tinted, nice.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Thank you both. @Karl: I requested an alcantara shift **** at the time of ordering, as I don't like the alloy ****. I believe it was Jeremy Clarkson who referred to it (in the DBS) as "bigfoot's dick" LOL...

Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by spinecho
I believe it was Jeremy Clarkson who referred to it (in the DBS) as "bigfoot's dick" LOL...
Hmm, don't remember that one. Regardless, I love the beefy alloy shift ****. The dimensions, the contours, it fits my hand perfectly and looks great too.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Superb. I don't always love blue interiors, but that looks great, especially with the blue headliner. It looks like you don't have NAV -- looks great without the cutout in the piano wood.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Racer,

Hmm, "bigfoot's dick" "fits [your] hand perfectly..."

Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
I like your gear shift. Looks great. The big chunky "BFD" shifter works for me too.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Oh man, I really hope this BFD moniker doesn't stick. It could ruin it for me! Clarkson said it looks like a Power Ranger's leg, not part of Bigfoot's anatomy. Not sure where this new term has come from.

Last edited by Racer_X; 06-07-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey Racer, Tiff really likes it too! (try 1:00 into the clip):

Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spinecho
Thank you both. @Karl: I requested an alcantara shift **** at the time of ordering, as I don't like the alloy ****. I believe it was Jeremy Clarkson who referred to it (in the DBS) as "bigfoot's dick" LOL...
Talk about getting it all wrong...

Clarkson said, "a power ranger's leg". Hope you don't play the message relay game...

Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Oh man, I really hope this BFD moniker doesn't stick. It could ruin it for me! Clarkson said it looks like a Power Ranger's leg, not part of Bigfoot's anatomy. Not sure where this new term has come from.
From Spinecho's meth-addled imagination...

Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Aston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really niceAston.Ca is just really nice
Three of mine I took in the first week of ownership. I've since been inspired by some of the amazing shots I've seen by Gekko, KarlFranz and others ... hoping to take some more unusual ones myself sometime this summer now that I've got a decent camera and some fast, fixed focal length lenses to play with.

PS ... This post is officially a BFD-free zone

Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Aston.Ca
Three of mine I took in the first week of ownership.
I only see one. Where's the other two?

Old 06-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I only see one. Where's the other two?
Bigfoot stole them..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Great Canadian Aston Thread