6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Prefer V-8 Vantage or DB9 Vanquish (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/416283-prefer-v-8-vantage-db9-vanquish.html)

Denny 6.53 01-03-2018 07:35 PM

Prefer V-8 Vantage or DB9 Vanquish

Do owners prefer the V8V or DB9. Anyone wish they had the other

007JB 01-03-2018 07:51 PM

V8V for me all day, any day..

Teekster 01-05-2018 07:16 PM

V8V. But that’s just me.

Aldv 01-05-2018 07:27 PM

Hi...most guys here I would bet are Vantage guys. If you want v12 that may sit 4 people then DB9...while the v12 vantage is a beast most people including me enjoy our V8.

The higher up you go on AM cars better features and nicer inside...outside really hard to tell at a quick look....

Price points and being able to repair yourself ...then you can not best a vantage V8...

Evening!
​​​​​

deckman 01-06-2018 02:52 PM

Not so sure about the more expensive models having nicer interiors. All of the interiors are remarkably similar across the models. The only thing kind of cheapo that's different on the Vantage is the seat adjustment switches. Junk plastic.

Aldv 01-06-2018 04:48 PM

Hi Deckman...I hope well!
I stand corrected.
I would be better to state the higher you go up the more features given as standard equipment that AM makes us purchase separate.

While some cars have wood trims and the consoles are laid out different. The basic interior layout is the same.

Side note ...Lotus CEO stated they were the ones that engineered many of the AM cars ....it was in Motor Trend or Automobile mag. Further stated the new DB11 is based still based on their design with just added beams by AM done. The new Vantage they stated is all Aston Martin design and engineered. Of course not the engine which is Benz...

Evening

HabitualOffender 01-06-2018 08:58 PM

Vantage. V8 or V12 depends on how much you want to get the power down, it's hard enough in the V8, and you can roast the tires in the 12 low in 3rd gear, but the 12 will beat the 8 by .5sec to 60.

Denny 6.53 01-07-2018 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender (Post 4689889)
Vantage. V8 or V12 depends on how much you want to get the power down, it's hard enough in the V8, and you can roast the tires in the 12 low in 3rd gear, but the 12 will beat the 8 by .5sec to 60.

I appreciate the feedback. I won't track the car. Really looking for a nice convertible for summer days. A good friend in Phoenix had two DB 7's and loved them. I've had plenty of fast cars, the last street car was a '65 Corvette roadsters that made a hard right turn into the trees at speed... Whomever restored the car didn't tighten the nut on the steering linkage to the spindle. Hard hit. Now I want a cruiser that knows how to get around a windy road. I've been on this site for a few months and enjoyed
it enough to register. I'll keep reading and learning, and have more questions. One other thing! I read somewhere that AM offered 20 colors and 20 interiors. Why are most of the ones offered for sale black, white or 50 shades of grey? Thanks again !

HabitualOffender 01-07-2018 12:16 PM

That 65' Corvette, unless it was a hot resto mod with an LS7, would get eaten alive by a V8V ;)

HabitualOffender 01-07-2018 12:25 PM

When I was searching for a Stratus or Lightning car, this Mako came up, which is definitely not was I was looking for, except it had to be a light color and this checked all the boxes. I was at my local and sat down with the GM for a chat, specifically asking him about colors and how they affected value, and what he thought of Mako, what would he buy, etc.

Flat out, as a dealer, anything black or 50 shades of grey was worth more to him because he could sell it much easier, but, personally, he would have preferred Mako, because it was different. Then I asked in service, same answer. They see so many that are nothing but 50 shades of grey that they really get a kick out of something different. But, bottom line is most of these are black or 50 because they're easier to sell, so that's the majority of what dealers order new for inventory. Most [definitely not all] of the unique colors were special ordered by customers configuring exactly what they want.

Aldv 01-07-2018 01:00 PM

Hi Denny...Ho is mostly correct on the color. Actually price makes a big difference on the Vantage and any AM car.

I have a Fire Red Pearl color which the original owner paid around $ 3800.00 extra. Most grey..black...silver are stock colors at no extra charge.

Next...remember both HO and me have a sports package on our cars. This is a wonderful ride on smooth roads but on rough roads it can be different.

The non sports models are more American type ride ...smoother. While I never drove a contvertiable with a sports package...Grants book and most guys on here from reading find it softer then the coupe sports package.

I would search the threats on the car you desire and year wanted then go back in the threats here and on Piston heads and spend sometime finding what others complained about now and when new. I did that is why I picked my car. If you like manual becareful buying private...why? Most guys can not drive a manual and ruin the clutch. The few cars I tested when looking at on private buyers...Ahhhh

I had them drive the car first...what a lesson you will learn. Most do not push the clutch peddle correct when shifting etc...AM weak point is the clutch. Dealers can not tell you how much clutch is left on a manual but on the semi auto they test and tell.

I decided I was buying from a dealer...any dealer but not private. I can have lawyers battle better if a problem. Hey there are many good guys selling cars. I was not lucky to find one I guess.

Good luck ....

HabitualOffender 01-07-2018 01:30 PM

Some colors are an upcharge, and some a higher upcharge, but a dealer isn't basing his purchase on how much the color costs, he's basing it on how easy he thinks he can move it. Look at Kerbeck, have you ever seen any new inventory that wasn't Stratus, Lightning, Skyfall, or one of the 17 different blacks or 50 shades? They only buy what is safe, and will never order a 3 pedal car for inventory, they are 100% paddles.

Aldv 01-07-2018 01:41 PM

Hey HO....spot on...for cars that people order and wait for delivery the sales guys will order whatever you can afford and want....lol

Lot sales the dealer must choose wiser...

Christie at FCkerbeck told me last December the cars ordered and for sale are modified heavy with options by them with add-ons if something the client wants and is not on the ordered dealer cars from AM.She stated never the same as it came in and laughed...

safe driving...warm weather ahead!
​​​​​​

HabitualOffender 01-07-2018 01:47 PM

I'll see her tomorrow when I drop it off for whatever they're doing to it for the next 4 days!

I just dared to go out to pickup dinner. Dicey LOL

brightoncorgi 01-08-2018 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender (Post 4690009)
Most [definitely not all] of the unique colors were special ordered by customers configuring exactly what they want.

Sometimes dealers have unusual colors in stock because they are low in inventory and the odd ball colors are what AM has in stock to back fill the dealer's lot.