Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Amazing Aston Martin Adventures

Old 01-18-2018, 04:22 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing Aston Martin Adventures

Anyone interested in those amazing adventure, for me it would be the Monaco Grand Prix

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/these-amazing-aston-martin-adventures-are-ly-expensive/

Old 01-18-2018, 07:49 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Sign me up!

Old 01-18-2018, 09:33 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Oh, easy choice!

European Race Track Driving Experience!! GT4 car, and they throw in the gas and dinner!!

I'd have to do the one day though, 10,000E is my limit on a day of fun. Unless they throw in race groupies!!

Old 01-19-2018, 12:51 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
wow, just wow.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:59 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
damn I wish I was rich

Old 01-22-2018, 06:07 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Oh, easy choice!

European Race Track Driving Experience!! GT4 car, and they throw in the gas and dinner!!

I'd have to do the one day though, 10,000E is my limit on a day of fun. Unless they throw in race groupies!!
You can rent a vantage GT4 for a low price of $30 per mile at the Thermal Club. So about $10 per lap not including gas. No AMR pit crew but the crew at the track at more than capable. So around $100 per session ~ $800 per day is not horrendous

Old 01-22-2018, 06:11 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
You can rent a vantage GT4 for a low price of $30 per mile at the Thermal Club. So about $10 per lap not including gas. No AMR pit crew but the crew at the track at more than capable. So around $100 per session ~ $800 per day is not horrendous
You can do that without being a club member????

Old 01-22-2018, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
You can do that without being a club member????
Yup. The member is responsible for the deductible. BTW any more stalls? My car is at the dealer and they think the throttle body might be overheating and if yes there is some kind of software for fix.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:46 PM
So I'm assuming you have to be a members guest at the least? Any members here that would like to be responsible when I pull a Redpants left?

7 days of software exchanges back and forth with England, got it back last Monday, letter I just wrote

Couple things to report after the last week of software work.

Sitting at idle after the game last night it dropped to 500rpm twice, the second was for a couple seconds and not just momentary. I nudged the gas as I was sitting in the middle of a lot of fans standing beside their car and didn’t desire the embarrassment if it stalled, but we’ll never know.

Of greater concern, I got a small flash of this last week, can remember where, just noted “that was odd”, but it happened more severe on the way to the game yesterday. I pulled out of lane and smashed the gas and it bogged so hard it was if I had hit the brake. My son said “whoa!!” which is normal as he’s a nervous nelly when I’m driving, but, it was like a stab on the brakes, momentary, but very noticeable, especially when acceleration is what you need cutting into an open spot of faster traffic.

It was not traction control as you know I turn that off as soon as I start the car, but that’s what it felt like, TC braking. And I know it was off as I had drifted around an onramp curve 10 minutes earlier. But with it off, how do you get the feel that it’s braking? It was not like I just got off the gas, it was a hard bog down or braking sensation. So there is a new situation with this current software. It hasn’t stalled yet, but I might have stopped it that second time it dropped to 500. I’ll keep track of these hard bogs but it’s not a good substitute even if the stalling is fixed, which only time would confirm and it’s only been 7 days.

What’s next? LOL

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 01-22-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
Sorry my math is wrong. $30 a mile will put it at $100 per lap so it would be $1000 per session.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 PM
And I don't need my passport? I'm still in, just find a member who will let me be their guest!!

You know it costs $800/day to drive a Miata in the high performance driving experiences? Now that's crazy.