Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My First Aston!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
Talking My First Aston!!!!

I'm so excited, I pulled the trigger on the 07 Vantage, 6speed manual, Black with black interior(this is my dream car!... now I'm living the dream ! lol). Overall the car runs good, power is intoxicating. I will be doing most of the care and feeding myself I can't wait for red pants site to get their webstore back online. Also has anyone used the quick jack car lift system on these cars? I use the BL-7000SLX to work on my cars. I look forward to many years of ownership of this fine automobile.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations. Make sure you have a look at the redpants site for the correct way to lift a car - lifting it wrong can lead to tears....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...firestone.html

I've done quite a bit of work on mine (thermostat, clutch, now tail-lights). Overall, it's the easiest car I've ever had to work on - everything is good quality, and substantial. If you like, I can send you a link for the service manual, and OBD diagnostic manual (for DB9, but same processes and codes).

Matt

Last edited by hsm precision; 01-05-2018 at 05:47 PM. Reason: add comments
Old 01-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
Congratulations! I hope you will post pictures soon!

Old 01-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like fun, I loved my 2007 Vantage, a lot of car for the money.
Ron

Old 01-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Svx
@hsm_precision... yes, I would love the links to the service manuals! Thank you!

Old 01-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Svx
Pictures will be coming soon, go8ng to wash and detail the car first. ��

Old 01-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations. You should post some pics.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Hi SVX,
I can't send you a PM. If you would like to drop me an email at messar.pkg@gmail.com, I can send you the links.
Matt

Old 01-07-2018, 06:09 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on your new car. I’m sure you are going to like it and this forum. Lots of great people willing to help on here.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Svx
I'm so excited, I pulled the trigger on the 07 Vantage, 6speed manual, Black with black interior(this is my dream car!... now I'm living the dream ! lol). Overall the car runs good, power is intoxicating. I will be doing most of the care and feeding myself I can't wait for red pants site to get their webstore back online. Also has anyone used the quick jack car lift system on these cars? I use the BL-7000SLX to work on my cars. I look forward to many years of ownership of this fine automobile.
Congratulations and welcome!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats!!!

Pics or never happened!

Old 01-08-2018, 02:46 PM
rodg100 is on a distinguished road
Hey Matt,

I too am a new 07 Vantage owner. Would it be possible to send the manual my way as well? I will be doing most of the work on my car so will be visiting this forum regularly.
I have already taken advantage of Stuart's services at Velocity AP and reflashed my ECU, many more mods to go.

Thank you in advance and also congrats to Svx. It is an exciting time when you get your first dream Aston into the garage.

Rod

Old 01-14-2018, 11:58 PM
Svx
Here are the first pics of my new/used baby! Looking forward to many years of enjoyment.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	88045452-3AD5-4429-BF81-8939ABEA1A4D.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	571.8 KB
ID:	519342   Click image for larger version

Name:	AA99FEE1-1B19-4A6D-99B5-8C341F91590C.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	519343   Click image for larger version

Name:	B2819862-2F60-4138-A2F6-47E11458E9A2.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	579.2 KB
ID:	519344  
Old 01-15-2018, 06:43 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Qqvery nice. Wishing you lots of happy miles.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:18 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Nice Vantage. Enjoy the hell out of it.
Ron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My First Aston!!!!