Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My New Car and the bits I accumulated now fitted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Blasholla is an unknown quantity at this point
My New Car and the bits I accumulated now fitted

So having bought the Vantage going from an Evora 400 it seemed quite quiet maybe a little too sedate for my liking, love everything else about it but quite possibly have spent more modifying it than i thought i would.

so pics should be below:

Show the bits i collected and now all fitted it looks and sounds awesome....

Further plans would be for a gloss black roof and lower diffuser (the white part) and the chrome trim also gloss black. I'm on the fence about tints so will wait to see what the other parts look like.

I have some carbon light finishers coming too.

So this week the car visited CSK Fabrication and Fitting!!! these guys are awesome! so much so i have posted pics of their handy work/welding. they have created an pipe for the car to replace the secondary cats. this combined with a quicksilver supersport has brought the car a new lease of life. what was interesting was for what i paid for the quicksilver box the level of craftsmanship and attention to detail with the welds i felt was lacking in comparison to the custom pipe Charlie made for me. (See for yourself)

I Know that CSK have made a pattern for this pipe and I am sure if you get in contact with me or via their instagram page they will be able to quote and make you one for your vantage. I believe CSK will also be looking into creating a back box to market too of the same standard as the pipe.

They also fitted the AM OEM Carbon parts sourced through a well know auction site..... and cleaned the car then also took some great professional images.

anyway i digress, please please if your keen to make your aston stand out give them a shout.

[IMG]
://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/blash_01/IMG_5944.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-11-2018, 04:13 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the forum. Your car looks great!

I'm curious as to your reason for ditching the Evora 400.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:38 PM
i had quite a bad experience, the car spent 5 months of its life off the road at various lotus dealers, parts was an issue. only owned it circa 14 months too....

was a quick car and lovely tone to the engine but the astons build quality is far superior. handling wise I'm just getting used to the aston but id say the lotus wins in that regard.

plus always fancied a vantage....

Old 01-11-2018, 05:48 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice car, welcome to the forum... love the custom x pipe

Old 01-11-2018, 11:03 PM
sirnonz is on a distinguished road
Nice Vantage! Sucks to hear about the Evora 400 having issues as I was planning to sell my Exige for one but maybe not anymore.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	23592282_10156709448058056_6716637846188984171_o.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	519206  
Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Nice! Where did you get the carbon rear diffuser and how much if you don’t mind me asking?

Old 01-12-2018, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by rohnin
Nice! Where did you get the carbon rear diffuser and how much if you don’t mind me asking?
From ebay.co.uk there are a few on there at present it’s a case of finding one without and cracks which I found hard but they are out there....I haggled with a guy on there and I think I ended up paying circa 550 GBP

Old 01-12-2018, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Very nice car, welcome to the forum... love the custom x pipe
Cheers! I’m chuffed to buttons with the work they did on the car! And their xpipe came in a lot cheaper than others in the marketplace worth a convo as I believe he offers shipping as well I’m trying to get him to add to the list of traders

Old 01-12-2018, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Blasholla
i had quite a bad experience, the car spent 5 months of its life off the road at various lotus dealers, parts was an issue. only owned it circa 14 months too....

was a quick car and lovely tone to the engine but the astons build quality is far superior. handling wise I'm just getting used to the aston but id say the lotus wins in that regard.
The Evora 400 is and always will be a fantastic car, such a head turner too! I had an early 2015 model which was the launch car or marketing car. Sadly mine had a very hard life prior to my ownership and dubsiquently bits started to go wrong.If you are looking at one then most definately try to get a post 2015 model it’s easy to identify as the interior dash doesn’t have the lotus lettering on it.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:34 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Blasholla

That is unfortunate. I have heard plenty of bad stories about the 400. Was yours a relatively early model? Some popular opinion seems to suggest that problems are less frequent with more recent production. Nothing handles like a Lotus, no doubt there.

My 2008 Exige has been rock solid, certainly not true to the Lotus stereotype.