Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage model year VIN ranges?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 07:38 PM
Cambo is on a distinguished road
V8 Vantage model year VIN ranges?

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone would have some definitive information regarding the VIN ranges of the V8 Vantage by model year?

For example;

2006.5MY = C0001 to C02914 (this is confirmed)
2007MY = C02915 to C07648 (is that right?)
2008MY = C07649 to ?????? (maybe?)
2009MY = ?????? to ??????

etc, etc...

I realise that the C is the Coupe, and Roadster/Convertible is D, but it appears that the last 5 digits of the chassis number is sequential regardless of C or D, until you get to the V12's which are S and it seems the sequence restarts for them...

I'm really just interested in the 2006.5MY to 2009MY at the moment.

The backstory to this is that the parts catalogue shows only model year designation for the audio system components, except for the iPod/USB portable audio parts which is noted as "From VIN C07649", but it's unclear to me if that VIN is somewhere within the 2008MY or the start of the 2008MY.

Anyone know the VIN ranges by model year?

Thanks!

Last edited by Cambo; 01-10-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:01 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
The 10th digit if the VIN denotes the model year... not necessarily the year built... for Aston...i think 2006 is 6, 2007 is 7, etc. At 2010 it goes back to A, 2011, B, etc

Old 01-11-2018, 07:13 PM
Cambo is on a distinguished road
Yep that's right about the 10th digit.

But what I want to know is the cut off points of the last 6 digits of the VIN by model year. Where does this "08MY from VIN C07649" fit in?

There must be an explanation of this somewhere, it was hinted at in the release notes of the AML WDS diagnostic tool, but this finished in 2007 so I don't have any newer info.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:52 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I did a quick search for the 2009 Vantage for sale and this was the earlier one I saw

VIN D11302

Old 01-12-2018, 07:56 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cambo
Yep that's right about the 10th digit.

But what I want to know is the cut off points of the last 6 digits of the VIN by model year. Where does this "08MY from VIN C07649" fit in?

There must be an explanation of this somewhere, it was hinted at in the release notes of the AML WDS diagnostic tool, but this finished in 2007 so I don't have any newer info.
you can get a build sheet for any Aston from dealer or from AML directly... it will identify the actual production date... the last numbers are often sequential in production...

If Aston is like other manufacturers, different features and components often get added or upgraded in the middle of a production run. A build sheet will help determine the features or options in that exact car but may not identify the exact components that are part of that option...

i had a BMW that had a technology package that had more features than what was advertised in the package because my build date included features that were upgraded in the middle of the production run.