Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Birthday treat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 06:58 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Birthday treat

The car hasn’t been started in over a month due to the weather in WA. It’s my birthday so I decided to treat myself by starting her up for a while. I know, how sad am I. Man I miss driving her.

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 01-23-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:18 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Happy Birthday! love your Vantage color! Ps I live in Terrace BC will take till April for me to bring out the DB9!

Old 01-24-2018, 06:26 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I had a significant birthday in May of 2015. Found a new Volcano red Vantage at the Washington, DC dealership and bought it within 15 minutes. Great birthday gift.
Btw what color red is your beautiful car?

Old 01-24-2018, 06:57 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Larryg, she is Toro red metallic. A special color option from the earlier cars. It’s funny as I wanted a green Aston, but when I saw this car it was true love.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:35 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
The car hasn’t been started in over a month due to the weather in WA. It’s my birthday so I decided to treat myself by starting her up for a while. I know, how sad am I. Man I miss driving her.

you are not alone in your sadness, been like 6 weeks since I've heard that beautiful engine sound

Old 01-24-2018, 11:02 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
It's hard to see it sitting there in the garage for the winter. It's been a pretty mild winter though. I bought a cheap Miata to get me through the winter with a fun car.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:15 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blue2000s
It's hard to see it sitting there in the garage for the winter. It's been a pretty mild winter though. I bought a cheap Miata to get me through the winter with a fun car.
we had winter last week here in Florida...70 degrees today...

Old 01-24-2018, 01:10 PM
It's been very mild. I don't take her out in the rain much, not because of what the water will do, rather the fact that people in WA can't drive in the rain.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:13 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Have only driven my car once since December and that was last Sunday.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:13 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that it's only 68 Deg here Pasadena CA

Old 01-24-2018, 05:00 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Hi Dale,
Toro red is a great color. Is it metallic? Darker than Volcano? At least you don't have the salt, sand and snow that we experience in CT.
I only use my Vantage in perfect weather from late April through early November.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:31 PM
Larryg, I’m pretty sure it is metallic. I don’t know what it’s like compared with volcano.

Yes, we are lucky that they don’t use salt on the roads around here......still, she’s only a fair weather gal.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:55 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Over by the mountains we have deicer and sand when the weather gets close to freezing. My babies stay tucked away until spring.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0583.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	519818  
Old 01-24-2018, 08:09 PM
Over by the mountains we have deicer and sand when the weather gets close to freezing. My babies stay tucked away until spring.
That's absolutely the right choice. Nice collection. Looking forward to meeting you at one of the WA events.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:48 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Did you do the oil pump priming procedure before starting?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.