Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wheel Spacer Advice

Old 02-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Wheel Spacer Advice

If I were to get wheel spacers of my V12S (2015) - anyone know which is the best and what offset would be the best - also any negatives?

Looking to get tires inline with fender edges front and rear

Old 02-05-2018, 09:56 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I was in the same boat. I wanted my stock wheels and tires to line up flush with the fenders. I went with the RSC Tuning hub-centric spacers, 15mm front and 20mm rear.

They come with longer wheel bolts so you'd need to press out the (shorter) stock bolts and press in the longer bolts. It's a bit of a pain but I felt this was a safer option than the Adaptec spacers that bolt on to the hub then you bolt the wheel on to the spacer.

Anyway, here are some pics:

Old 02-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
that looks great

I used 5mm spacers on front & 11mm on rear and revised lug nuts which have thread extended all the way to the end of the nut so no need to change out the studs

Graze

Old 02-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
H&R 23mm rear and 11mm front.
I feel the front could use 15mm spacer but rear sits perfect.

I actually bought 15mm spacers off eBay and revised nuts but the spacer didn't fit.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:15 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
If I were to get wheel spacers of my V12S (2015) - anyone know which is the best and what offset would be the best - also any negatives?

Sorry, I just noticed you wrote you have a V12S. Your wheel offsets might be different than those on our V8V. Please double check as the 15mm front and 20mm rear might not work for your car. I know I was shopping for brake pads recently and the front pads for the V8V is different from the V12S.

Last edited by programmatore; 02-05-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:51 AM
bobsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought the H&R 23mm rear for my 08 V8V. I have not installed them yet. Question. Are these just bolt on? Or do the wheel studs need to be trimmed to clear the wheels? I was hoping they are just bolt on

Bob Silver

Old 02-10-2018, 03:13 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Bob

if you have the wheels in your photo - the seven spoke ones, then you need to install shorter studs as they foul the back of the wheel

some other wheels have deeper 'pockets' in the rear face iof the wheel and will work ok

Graeme

Old 02-10-2018, 03:18 PM
bobsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup I do have the 7 spoke 19” wheels on my car. Shame. I thought this would be an easy bolt on project for the weekend. Oh well. Glad I asked before I ripped into it.

Bob

Old 04-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Decided on spacers not new wheels

Got 11mm spacers installed as well as changing the Piano Black ski slope with Tamo Ash at this years 10,000 mile inspection:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WheelSpacersRear.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	524096   Click image for larger version

Name:	WheelSpacersFront.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	524097   Click image for larger version

Name:	TamoAsh2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	524098  
Old 04-16-2018, 04:46 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Go with longer studs whatever width you choose. I purchased adaptecs (great quality!) 'adapters' but didn't liked the flex they showed on the rear wheels: little warping was visible.. As a result I purchased longer studs and drove the adaptec studs out and reused the spacer. Mine is a DB9 with the same standard wheels it came with but with H&R lowering springs and 13mm font, 18mm rear setup: wheels stay nicely inside well and no rubbing-risk.

Name:	b2b6915c-2297-48fa-bb0f-69e2c452a2ed.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	524121  
Old 04-16-2018, 07:27 AM
HansCH is on a distinguished road
Got 11mm spacers installed as well as changing the Piano Black ski slope with Tamo Ash at this years 10,000 mile inspection:
Looks great, 11mm gives just the right bit more presence without overdoing it - this could be the way forward for my V12VS as well.
Do you feel that using spacers without lowering the suspension emphasizes the large gap between tire and wheel arch?
Could you write about which brand you used and how the spacers got installed - did you have to buy new wheel bolts (studs)?

Thank you very much - that's valuable information.

Last edited by HansCH; 04-16-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:33 AM
I got the wheel spacers through a local supplier (PM me) at a discount from H&R which came with the studs, and Morries Aston Martin did the install. The V12S is already so low that clearance of my garage is an issue, so I would not lower it more. The spacers lessen the 'gap' issue but it's still there.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:58 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
also any negatives?

The location between the steering axis and the CL of the wheel changes. The forces from the wheel into the suspension and steering changes. So changing offset without changing suspension geometry will have a tenancy to increase steering kickback and tramlining will become more noticeable. The change may be minor enough that you may not notice the differences.

Old 04-16-2018, 11:04 AM
Cant test out the wheel offsets yet

I've not been able to see any differences, because typically April 15th in Minneapolis I'd be driving the car by now on clear roads - this is what it looks like as of noon today:

Name:	April15th2018.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	524159  
Old 04-16-2018, 01:46 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I've not been able to see any differences, because typically April 15th in Minneapolis I'd be driving the car by now on clear roads - this is what it looks like as of noon today:
Oh goodie, I get to fly out to Minneapolis on Wednesday...