Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Alexa and Bluetooth Streaming 2009 V8V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 01:58 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Alexa and Bluetooth Streaming 2009 V8V

So...I'm adding Alexa to my 2009 Vantage and need to stream audio.

I ordered a Bovee WMA3000A+ Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adaptor for in car iPod Integration (AMI/MDI connector) and the connector does not fit...

There is the older "1000" series but now there are two different cables to order...
One for "Bovee 1000 with RR iPod Integration Cable for Range Rover, Land Rover, Jaguar Wireless Bluetooth Audio interface Car Kit for in car iPod Integration" and

One for "Bovee 1000 with iPod Integration Cable AMI/MMI for Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes Wireless Bluetooth Car Kit for in car iPod Integration" I read somewhere that the MB Cable seems to work in our Astons?

Does anyone know which cable works with our Vantage

For those interested in adding Alexa into their car. It works great...I have it in my 2016 Volvo Wagon. I can stream and navigate all with just speaking to Alexa, along with all the other stuff Alexa does. I control most of the lights, t-stat, door locks etc. with Alexa and they are controlled from the car just like at home.

Last edited by MRCW; 02-08-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:10 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with that. Even if you find the right cable that fits the Bovee, Alexa may not work.

The Tune2Air/Bovee plugs into the car's iPod cable and translates/broadcasts the signal over Bluetooth. My iPhone 7+ connects without a problem and iTunes plays flawlessly -- I can skip tracks, browse playlists, etc. Spotify works too but I can't browse playlists, just skip tracks.

Since the head unit is expecting an Apple CarPlay signal, you may experience problems connecting Alexa or other non-Apple devices. I've toyed with the idea of dropping the iPhone and switching to a Google Pixel phone but gave up because then I won't be able to play my music on the Vantage.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:09 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MRCW

I can stream and navigate all with just speaking to Alexa, along with all the other stuff Alexa does. I control most of the lights, t-stat, door locks etc. with Alexa and they are controlled from the car just like at home.
I hope you have a backup plan when Alexa get pissed off at you and refuses to speak.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Does Alexa change her name to “moneypenny” when shes in the Aston ?

Old 02-11-2018, 11:37 AM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Am I missing something?

How are you using Alexa to control GPS, lights, and locks on the car? What's the interface you've plugged into the various electrical components to allow Alexa to control them?

I recently upgraded my VantageS with the new Bluetooth module which allowed me to interface with Siri, but it can only control my phone via normal voice prompts.

Thanks

Old 02-11-2018, 01:27 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Am I missing something?

How are you using Alexa to control GPS, lights, and locks on the car? What's the interface you've plugged into the various electrical components to allow Alexa to control them?

I recently upgraded my VantageS with the new Bluetooth module which allowed me to interface with Siri, but it can only control my phone via normal voice prompts.

Thanks
Ah...A bit of confusion on my part, sorry...

I can control my Nav app on my phone (Google Maps or Waze) with Alexa. In regards to lights, locks, etc., it is my home automation system I can control from Alexa in my car, not the car itself. So I can turn lights off and on, lock doors, change T-Stat on my way home

And, for those who may want to know, I finally figured out that the correct Ipod Cable to my 2009 V8V with Bluetooth/ipod option is a cable for a Jaguar XF model. I took out the adapter in the console and verified the model number on it. I ordered one on line for under $20 in lieu of over $100 at the dealer.

I may go to the Bluetooth module upgrade, but for now, since I don't use an apple, I do not need charging capability so I should be fine streaming audio with the Bovee device.

Old 02-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
Good luck with that. Even if you find the right cable that fits the Bovee, Alexa may not work.

The Tune2Air/Bovee plugs into the car's iPod cable and translates/broadcasts the signal over Bluetooth. My iPhone 7+ connects without a problem and iTunes plays flawlessly -- I can skip tracks, browse playlists, etc. Spotify works too but I can't browse playlists, just skip tracks.

Since the head unit is expecting an Apple CarPlay signal, you may experience problems connecting Alexa or other non-Apple devices. I've toyed with the idea of dropping the iPhone and switching to a Google Pixel phone but gave up because then I won't be able to play my music on the Vantage.
I've been told the Bovee device converts the Bluetooth Streaming it receives into something that Apple equipped HU can understand. There have been some threads on this device here and on other boards and confirmation on the Bovee site... I can just send it back if it does not work.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:37 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I've been told the Bovee device converts the Bluetooth Streaming it receives into something that Apple equipped HU can understand. There have been some threads on this device here and on other boards and confirmation on the Bovee site... I can just send it back if it does not work.
I tried it with a friend's Pixel phone (I was considering switching to the Google Pixel and dumping my iPhone). It connected fine but when I tried to change tracks using the steering wheel controls of the **** on the radio it would get stuck on the same track and could not skip to the previous or next track. Using the controls on the Pixel allowed me to skip tracks but the track info displayed on the head unit still showed the title and artist of the stuck track.

Hopefully Alexa will do better. And I think it only gets stuck when you use the steering wheel and radio controls so if you can tell Alexa to skip tracks you might be fine.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:17 PM
I finally got everything working... while the little tiny radio display does not show the music title, etc. I can advance tracks change songs access Amazon prime music, Pandora, Spotify, etc. . access navigation, etc all with Alexa...i will try to to take a quick video but my phone in the heart of everything. It is actually very convenient to control it by voice.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:39 PM
I finally got everything working... while the little tiny radio display does not show the music title, etc. I can advance tracks change songs access Amazon prime music, Pandora, Spotify, etc. . access navigation, etc all with Alexa...i will try to to take a quick video but my phone in the heart of everything. It is actually very convenient to control it by voice.
That's cool! Did the steering wheel and radio controls work with the setup?

Old 02-18-2018, 02:51 AM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
Where did you install Alexa?
I am playing with the same idea but want her somewhat hidden not sitting somewhere prominent.
Cheers
Christian

Old 02-18-2018, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by GDay2
Where did you install Alexa?
I am playing with the same idea but want her somewhat hidden not sitting somewhere prominent.
Cheers
Christian
for now its just plugged into a extension cord. I'm thinking somewhere to the left of the waterfall forward of the seat controls almost under the dash