Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Congrats to the Eagles! It is time for a change!

Old 02-04-2018, 09:28 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to the Eagles! Time for a new Brand Ambassador!

Time to replace Tom Brady as Aston Martin Brand Ambassador!

Last edited by programmatore; 02-05-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by programmatore
Time to replace Tom Brady as Aston Martin Brand Ambassador!

LMAO, yeah right. Now put down the funny mushrooms, think you have had enough.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:26 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by randyb
LMAO, yeah right. Now put down the funny mushrooms, think you have had enough.
Tom has never visited the local AM dealer either. I was told corporate does the maintenance on his cars. I have seen some other Patriots at the dealership before. A few Red Sox and Bruins own AM's.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
Verstappen and Ricciardo are the only brand ambassadors that AM needs. Couldn't care less if a football player was in cahoots with a vehicle manufacturer.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:45 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Verstappen and Ricciardo are the only brand ambassadors that AM needs. Couldn't care less if a football player was in cahoots with a vehicle manufacturer.
I don't neither of those two as ambassadors to the brand at all. Neither are typical AM owners or people potential AM buyers see as exemplifying the qualities of the marque. Tom Brady (like him or not) is one of the best choices AM could pick. Not only that, he is passionate about the marque regardless if they pay him or not.

Verstappen is not even legal age to drink in the US and he should be an ambassador to a marque where the average buyer is 50+ years old?

Old 02-06-2018, 02:17 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Tom Brady (like him or not) is one of the best choices AM could pick. Not only that, he is passionate about the marque regardless if they pay him or not.
I don’t agree with you about Tom Brady. Bases on studies that I have read, Outside the bubble of New England the Patriots (and Tom Brady) are the the most disliked football team. When you associate someone with your brand you want that person to be universally liked. Brady does not fit that bill. I am not questioning His football accomplishments, Just commenting on the facts as I see them ( my 2 cents )

Old 02-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by embdenb
I don’t agree with you about Tom Brady. Bases on studies that I have read, Outside the bubble of New England the Patriots (and Tom Brady) are the the most disliked football team. When you associate someone with your brand you want that person to be universally liked. Brady does not fit that bill. I am not questioning His football accomplishments, Just commenting on the facts as I see them ( my 2 cents )

He's bigger than football and the Patriotsis just the team he plays for. Think of athletes who played on morethan one team. Think Michael Schumacher; that is the kind brand Bradyis. Between the success, looks, wife,etc… He makes a compelling ambassadorfor any aspirational brand. Consider theaudience he is selling Aston Martin to. Have you seen his videos where he talks about how an Aston is more thanmass produced car. He really believesthat. Honest passion is hard to conveyin a classy way and he does that.
What percent of all regular NFL viewers arelikely Aston Martin customers? I bet thepercent of US exotic owners who watch the NFL regularly is over 50%.

No matter what team it is, there are those who will not like it. Patriots are just too good and some don't like that either. Excellence, like an Aston Martin. That is why he is a good ambassador.

Last edited by brightoncorgi; 02-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Jurrian has a reputation beyond repute
I don't neither of those two as ambassadors to the brand at all. Neither are typical AM owners or people potential AM buyers see as exemplifying the qualities of the marque. Tom Brady (like him or not) is one of the best choices AM could pick. Not only that, he is passionate about the marque regardless if they pay him or not.

Verstappen is not even legal age to drink in the US and he should be an ambassador to a marque where the average buyer is 50+ years old?
I think embdenb makes a good point about the Patriots and how well they're actually liked outside of the New England area. Here in California, the Patriots are pretty much despised by anyone and everyone not originally from the North East. Because of that fact, I believe they're alienating their potential client base, which leads me to believe why Tom's ambassadorship wouldn't be as effective as Verstappen's and Ricciardo's. Also, for ROW, how is Tom Brady viewed? Is Tom a better international ambassador than he is domestic? I would think F1 drivers since they're going from destination to destination across the world, they would have a much better international presence than Tom would.

I don't know what the legal drinking age has anything to do with marketability especially considering Verstappen can drink in Holland with myself just like anyone else, so not sure what point you're trying to make there (also he turns 21 this year, not that it matters). I also believe you can make the argument that having a more youthful ambassador like the F1 stars can be of benefit. Not saying Tom is old, but certainly they're more 'youthful' and give off a more positive vibe than I would say Tom does.

Just an opinion though, take it with a grain of salt since I'm sure living in Boston might skew your view of the Pats versus the rest of the United States, or are you not a Pats fan?

Old 02-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
I don't know what the legal drinking age has anything to do with marketability especially considering Verstappen can drink in Holland with myself just like anyone else, so not sure what point you're trying to make there (also he turns 21 this year, not that it matters). I also believe you can make the argument that having a more youthful ambassador like the F1 stars can be of benefit. Not saying Tom is old, but certainly they're more 'youthful' and give off a more positive vibe than I would say Tom does.

Basically those two are too young and are not aspirational figures to those who are AM's target audience for buying new cars. Neither are particularly stylish or exude class.

David Coulthard or Jenson Button would be better suited if they needed to F1 figures.

Old 02-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Former Vendor
Basically those two are too young and are not aspirational figures to those who are AM's target audience for buying new cars. Neither are particularly stylish or exude class.

David Coulthard or Jenson Button would be better suited if they needed to F1 figures.
Good call on David and Jenson

Old 02-06-2018, 10:32 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Tom's diet is what AM is after.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:46 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Sorry but with the US being one of AM's largest markets, an F1 driver as an ambassador does not make sense from a marketability standpoint - outside of auto enthusiasts virtually no one recognizes an F1 driver. Brady like Kobe, LeBron, etc. are brands in themselves that have transcended outside of the US to garner worldwide recognition

Living in middle america, almost everyone associates Brady as a pretty boy QB - the looks, the model wife, lavish lifestyle, so forth. While not many people might not like the Patriots/Brady, the image/perception they give off of success & winning is what makes any brand want to align themselves with them

Couple in the fact that Brady absolutely loves AM, it's a win/win relationship

Old 02-07-2018, 09:02 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time, married to a supermodel, and is a class act

couldn't really ask for more as a spokesperson

Old 02-07-2018, 11:59 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Jackie Stewart does Jaguar commercials and he is pretty good.

My final 2 cents on Brady. He is polarizing, loved and hated with equal passion.

For Aston Martin my list would be.
Lewis Hamilton (he’s British after all)
Sean Connery
Daniel Craig

Old 02-07-2018, 08:07 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Absolutely agree. Aston should of chose British icon-Not TB, who's outside of NE is hated or not liked at all.. my cents.
As they say, once a cheater always a cheater.. like Aston's latest Vantage design.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Congrats to the Eagles! It is time for a change!