Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM logo projectors in the door

Old 02-17-2018, 05:46 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
AM logo projectors in the door

$16 on ebay... You don't even need to take the door panel off.. Just pull out the door light and splice into the wiring. The kit comes with a hole drill but you will need a dremel to open it up a bit... Classic Chinese tolerancing. 20min a door if you are also drinking a beer during the work.

The logo is in color and has the green around the AM wording.

I am more than $16 happy!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	logoprojection.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	521027   Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	521028   Click image for larger version

Name:	light location.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	521029   Click image for larger version

Name:	ghostlight.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	521030  

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 02-17-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:02 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Nice job. I bought some before Christmas and connected them up temporarily to see what they looked like. I never got around to cutting into my OEM puddle light though.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...33-lights.html

Old 02-17-2018, 09:38 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
$16 on ebay... You don't even need to take the door panel off.. Just pull out the door light and splice into the wiring. The kit comes with a hole drill but you will need a dremel to open it up a bit... Classic Chinese tolerancing. 20min a door if you are also drinking a beer during the work.

The logo is in color and has the green around the AM wording.

I am more than $16 happy!!!
Looks great.. But yikes! Hole saw to the bottom of the door? I don't know if I have the stones for that.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:43 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
looks great

now if you could fit one that shone on the road in front of or behind the car, switched with the lights - that would be cool

Graze

Old 02-18-2018, 08:41 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't drill any hole into the door if it meant the OEM lamp couldn't be re-fitted like it had never been removed. The other problem is that the car seldom goes out at night, so the only time I'd get to see it is in the garage...

Old 02-18-2018, 10:21 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
The door light goes back in.... looks as it did before. The hole is on the bottom of the door panel 'near' the red light in the door. You are only drilling into the plastic panel at the bottom of the door panel... Taking out the red light temporarily lets you splice the wiring and install the projector retaining nut. Then you put the red lamp back in.

You could put these anywhere... AMG does the door... and well you see where Aston is going. haha.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 02-18-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
Nice job. I bought some before Christmas and connected them up temporarily to see what they looked like. I never got around to cutting into my OEM puddle light though.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...33-lights.html

I knew someone on here gave me the idea. Thanks for the starting impulse! If I had to take the door panel off and make a day of it with any new wiring, they would probably still be in the box. Using the puddle light for access made it a 20min job including soldering.

Old 02-18-2018, 01:53 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for sharing, I wish I could get this kit in South Africa.
I recently added the Mustang GT to my toy box, and it throws the pony out like in the pic the OP posted when the doors are open.

I think it's fantastic!,,

Old 02-18-2018, 02:06 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I can't help it, but to each his/her own...