Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Christie’s to auction Daniel Craig’s Aston Martin Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 05:04 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Christie’s to auction Daniel Craig’s Aston Martin Vanquish

Link:
www.christies.com/features/Christies-to-auction-Daniel-Craig-Aston-Martin-8888-1.aspx?sc_lang=en#FID-8888

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-22-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:13 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hopefully it is in better shape than the one H-O bought and is having all kinds of problems...now blown motor...

Old 02-16-2018, 11:39 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Is the winning purchase tax deductible?

Old 02-19-2018, 09:08 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Aldv
Hopefully it is in better shape than the one H-O bought and is having all kinds of problems...now blown motor...
I'd love to see proof he "owned" the car as is claimed. Craig has carte blanche and can drive any Aston he wants for free at any time, not that he can't afford anything he wants also. But I would be more inclined to believe it was his US driver while still owned by Corporate, just like mine was. "Show me the title."

Old 04-20-2018, 11:02 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
SOOOOOLD!

https://www.christies.com/lotfinder/furniture-lighting/daniel-craigs-personal-aston-martin-a-2014-6137941-details.aspx?from=salesummery&intobjectid=6137941& sid=ea7060e0-39f0-4f56-ad6d-d4411d6c4aa9

$468,500, not bad for a $185,000? car. Maybe mine's actually worth what I have it in. [maybe not but nice to think so LOL]

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-22-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:41 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'd love to see proof he "owned" the car as is claimed. Craig has carte blanche and can drive any Aston he wants for free at any time, not that he can't afford anything he wants also. But I would be more inclined to believe it was his US driver while still owned by Corporate, just like mine was. "Show me the title."
I was outbid on this one. I did bid low. Andy Palmer wrote this was owned by Craig, and so do some paperwork I saw with his name. Including photos of Marek and Craig at the factory. That to me is enough provenance.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:46 PM
It took 3 weeks of pestering but I got the VIN and ran the Carfax and it was registered in NY as a personal vehicle in 2014. I was pretty certain the title was in his name. She couldn't seen to grasp why that was important. I don't doubt he probably got a pretty good deal on it, not that he needed the discount

Old 04-22-2018, 01:26 AM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
What a beautiful car .

chr

Old 04-22-2018, 06:27 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mto
I was outbid on this one. I did bid low. Andy Palmer wrote this was owned by Craig, and so do some paperwork I saw with his name. Including photos of Marek and Craig at the factory. That to me is enough provenance.
If you don’t mind me asking, what was your bid?

Old 04-22-2018, 01:42 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by embdenb
If you don’t mind me asking, what was your bid?
I flew in for the auction, imo, bc Craig made a surprise appearance during this auction, joining the Christie’s team to encourage clients to bid higher, I think all in with commissions, it was a tad less than 500K. Proceeds to auctions always increase value. Example. are B-Js charity cars. I was hoping price would be a tad less than low reserve; as I knew the car, and it’s history. The tri-color paint was stunning too.

Old 04-22-2018, 05:13 PM
The $468.5 wasn't including buyers premium? That would be a shift for Christies to publish a sale price where the BP wasn't included. All the houses do that as it's the actual sale price, not hammer price.

If I had know Craig was going to be there I'd have drive up!

Old 04-22-2018, 06:12 PM
mto
The $468.5 wasn't including buyers premium? That would be a shift for Christies to publish a sale price where the BP wasn't included. All the houses do that as it's the actual sale price, not hammer price.

If I had know Craig was going to be there I'd have drive up!
Well, flew 5 hours to see it. Anyway, his wife was there too. Very sophisticated, gracious approachable couple. This Aston was a sculpture with 1,100 miles and Q unique options. I thought the hammer was @ 468.5, so suspected there was a premium too. Maybe different/no prem with charity. Actually, I lost total interest in final hammer when outbid twice. Once was on the phone, once in the room.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:28 PM
Did you approach?

It had some Q that would have made it a tough sell if it wasn't a Craig car. If it had denim seats [which it seemed from the description but it wasn't really well described] that would almost kill the sale in most circles.

I figured it had to include commission because it would not be their regular bid structure, $450, 475, 500, then 550, and Christies has always adhered strictly to the schedule [although I've never seen them sell something for charity and that could have altered the process] where Bonhams will deviate from the schedule at whim just to get another $2000.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:24 PM
mto
Did you approach?

It had some Q that would have made it a tough sell if it wasn't a Craig car. If it had denim seats [which it seemed from the description but it wasn't really well described] that would almost kill the sale in most circles.

I figured it had to include commission because it would not be their regular bid structure, $450, 475, 500, then 550, and Christies has always adhered strictly to the schedule [although I've never seen them sell something for charity and that could have altered the process] where Bonhams will deviate from the schedule at whim just to get another $2000.
Respect your logic. Makes sense. All I know, my bidder contact was the buyer pays a 10% commission on top of the hammer price.

My thought, if wasn't for charity, and seemingly Hollywood people were there for this event, that it had 50% add-on factor. Plus add the cars provenance. Recall @ B-J, there was a Corvette Carbon for charity, it hammered for 1.4M Probably 10-15X% over list. A donated 2017 Ford sold for 2.5M. "All" for charity. Much was hype from the audience and celebs on stage. All I care about is money really goes to the charity, not SG&A. In all these cases, I suspect it did. But don't want to get off topic, which I'm beginning to do. Apologies.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:38 PM
I don't doubt it was for the charity named, the legalities otherwise and Christies wouldn't be involved with. BJ definitely has a clientele that is used to paying 15x for a charity, on national TV. They get as much publicity as they do a tax deduction. In the private rooms of NY, with a clientele there to buy cool stuff, including a Vanquish, and they were bidding on the car at a decent multiple, not really to spend mega dollars to benefit a charity and get a tax deduction with no cameras to show the world how benevolent they are. Just another opinion but that's what we discuss, opinions