Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Driver's seat adjustments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Driver's seat adjustments

I stopped in at Marshall Goldman's in Cleveland this week to get back to my AM hunt. Quite a number of Astons. I sat in a DB9 and felt that the seat did not adjust high enough. I am under 5'8" and felt like I was sitting too low in the car. Can anything be done for more adjustment ? I would prefer a V8V, but I think that this DB9 was similar enough to sit in.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I’m surprised it wasn’t high enough with the seat adjustment at full height.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:14 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
My wife who is about 5'9" says the same thing - cant get high enough & needs to sit on something.

not sure if there is a fix by raising the whole seat base of the floor pan?

Graze

Old 03-02-2018, 07:23 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Raise passenger seat 1"

Check this earlier post:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...antage-v8.html

Old 03-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
If there's enough interest, a "seat raising kit" would be really easy for one of my fabricators to knock out.[/QUOTE]

Rich, I would be interested.

John

Old 03-02-2018, 09:46 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
i,m 5ft .6' and thought the same thing sitting in my vantage in the showroom .but when i got it out for a drive on the road ,not only did it put a big smile on my face
i felt like i was 6ft 5". never any doubt after that.it was mine that day

Old 03-02-2018, 12:39 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Peoples seating is funny - I am 5'6 and run the seat as low as it will go.

chr

Old 03-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Bought mine used and when playing with the seat memory buttons #3 was set with the rear of the seat all the way down and front up. Previous owner must have been an astronaut as it felt like I was laid back for lift off.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:29 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redpants
If there's enough interest, a "seat raising kit" would be really easy for one of my fabricators to knock out.
Ditto on raising up the passenger seat; gotta keep the wife happy. Ridiculous that they don't have this option on a car like this.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks !

Thank you all for the replies. I raised the seat in my '65 Corvette roadster about 10 years ago. Very high tech
approach: four 1" pieces of 1" square tubing. One under each corner with one inch longer bolts. Added a large fender washer under the fiberglass floor pan for reinforcement and called it done. I can see how sitting in a showroom doesn't give you the experience of driving and I don't expect to see the front edge of the hood. I did feel like I could barely see over the dash. I have a weld/fab business and can make something up if I really need it. Nice people on this forum.
I 'll be back with more questions. Den

Old 03-08-2018, 09:24 PM
silentbob will become famous soon enoughsilentbob will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Denny 6.53
Thank you all for the replies. I raised the seat in my '65 Corvette roadster about 10 years ago. Very high tech
approach: four 1" pieces of 1" square tubing. One under each corner with one inch longer bolts. Added a large fender washer under the fiberglass floor pan for reinforcement and called it done. I can see how sitting in a showroom doesn't give you the experience of driving and I don't expect to see the front edge of the hood. I did feel like I could barely see over the dash. I have a weld/fab business and can make something up if I really need it. Nice people on this forum.
I 'll be back with more questions. Den
Den,

I am 5' 7" and just bought a DB9 back in Dec. Depending on prior car experiences, you should expect to sit a bit lower in the car, as the rest of the tub is higher (think Dodge Challenger and Chevy Camaro) vs what you'd get in a 911 or Subaru Forrester at the other extreme.

You get used to it after a while, though the comment about never knowing where the front of the car is has been my experience as well.