Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Let's see pics of Aston’s filling up at the gas station!

Old 03-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
Talking Let's see pics of Aston’s filling up at the gas station!

I thought this would be a fun thread for a Friday! Also, Pics of other exotics at gas stations filling up!

Old 03-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
When I brought mine home from storage a couple weeks ago:

Old 03-02-2018, 01:01 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The only non-ethanol station within a 25 mile radius is about a half mile from my house and there's a weekly exotic meet across the street from there (XXX Root Beer). Last time I filled up, it was me in the Vantage, a Ferrari 458 and a C2 Corvette lined up. I should have gotten a picture.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:05 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blue2000s
The only non-ethanol station within a 25 mile radius is about a half mile from my house and there's a weekly exotic meet across the street from there (XXX Root Beer). Last time I filled up, it was me in the Vantage, a Ferrari 458 and a C2 Corvette lined up. I should have gotten a picture.
interesting comment about non ethanol gas ... is this preferred? I can get non ethanol gas with 89 octane rating but prefer to use 93 premium with E10...

which is preferred?

Old 03-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I know of no detrimental impact to newer cars caused by the use of ethanol-blended fuels.

Older cars could experience all sorts of problems (the 90-93 Z32TT used pintle-style injectors, which were lubricated by gasoline; the ethanol breaks down the lubricating properties, thus causing the coils to experience more friction and thus short out... 94+ models didn't use this injector style anymore).

Old 03-02-2018, 02:39 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mathman85
I know of no detrimental impact to newer cars caused by the use of ethanol-blended fuels.

Older cars could experience all sorts of problems (the 90-93 Z32TT used pintle-style injectors, which were lubricated by gasoline; the ethanol breaks down the lubricating properties, thus causing the coils to experience more friction and thus short out... 94+ models didn't use this injector style anymore).
Older cars also have petroleum based products (hoses, seals) that are degraded by ethanol. I use it in both my old car and my newer cars for these reasons and to minimize the impacts of the moisture content in the gasoline that ethanol encourages. The cars sit alot.

But octane rating should take precedence over ethanol or non-ethanol.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85
When I brought mine home from storage a couple weeks ago:
I wish they hadn't just stopped the color contrast on the roof arch so abruptly.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I haven’t heard about ethanol treatment Rich. Can you elaborate?

Old 03-02-2018, 04:05 PM
I neglected to mention that gasoline has a higher energy content than ethanol so in an engine designed for gasoline, ethanol free also makes a little more power. The cars that make more power on e85 do it by forced induction and turning up boost pressure.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:36 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Looked over and saw two Pagani's getting gas. Sorry about the terrible drive by photo.

Last edited by EZ Cookin; 03-02-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:32 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Somehow I can never do a hands-free nozzle in place on the AM. Have this feeling, it won't hold as well, thens pops out and dents the quarter panel.

Anyone else experienced that?

Old 03-02-2018, 11:59 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Redpants
Many dealerships have an ethanol treatment as part of routine service. Not just Aston Martin dealerships, either. It's cheap - less than $15 for a bottle, once per year. But it's something worth doing, in my opinion. I also f'ing hate ethanol, in my opinion.
It's a common practice to throw a bottle of Heet in a car. Heet is 99% alcohol sold as a gasoline antifreeze. It has the added benefit of removing water, condensation accumulation, from the fuel system. This is important in cars that are stored for the winter or not driven much because condensation can form inside the tank. Also depends on the quality of the gas you are buying, how old the station's tanks are, since station tanks also can get water mixed in with the gas.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:04 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by V12Vin
Somehow I can never do a hands-free nozzle in place on the AM. Have this feeling, it won't hold as well, thens pops out and dents the quarter panel.

Yes. I make sure to use a microfiber clothe to protect the quarter from scratches and fuel spills. I also hold the nozzle to make sure I doesn't come in contact with the car.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:16 AM

I've experienced the handle pop out. Luckily it was on a rental car. I can appreciate your nervousness.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:12 AM

Are you playing "just the tip" or something?

If you put it all the way in, it's not gonna pop out. Protecting the quarter panel with microfiber is a good idea, but my quarter panel is wrapped so I never sweat it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let's see pics of Aston’s filling up at the gas station!