Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

O2 sensor codes - anyone have service bulletin access?

Old 03-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
O2 sensor codes - anyone have service bulletin access?

I'm getting both P0133 and P0153, which show as O2 sensor slow response. The is a service bulletin that refers to having both of them, but I don't have a subscription - could anyone help to locate SB-03-0423?

Or, any guidance?

As background, had the battery go bad and replaced. Still having a passenger airbag failure (OCS fault), then this O2 sensor failure. I just want to ensure that the fault is real before I start changing out parts.

Car is 2007 V8V.

Thanks,

matt

Last edited by hsm precision; 03-05-2018 at 07:45 AM. Reason: added info
Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Matt,
I have had the 'emissions service' light come on a few times over the past two years. Same codes. I have heard these cars will occasionally trigger these codes when nothing is really in need of service. I just use my code reader to delete them.

My car only has 13k miles on it so I have assumed that if it really had a bad sensor the emissions service light would promptly reappear after deleting the code. It does not come back on for months. However, I do believe if you have high mileage or excess oil burning, the codes may indicate a need to change the sensors.

Others may know more than I, but If your car is otherwise running fine, I would just delete the codes.

John

Old 03-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the quick answer.
I cleared them, and they both came back right away. Car has 31k miles on it.

It's just odd that there were no codes before replacing the battery, now both front sensors are showing bad.

I should note that there is also an exhaust valve code - maybe the check depends on back pressure somehow? (fuse 22 removed).

Thanks,

matt

Old 03-05-2018, 10:34 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I had the same 2 codes 2yrs ago, I reset them a few time then decided to replace both front O2 Sensors and the problem went away, my car had 35,000km and no oil burning but these cars run very rich and that is what create the issue. You can find those O2 sensors with connectors already on them for a reasonable price if you search ebay... bought mine from the UK, let me know if you want the link I can PM you.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Just a wild guess on my part but if your car is otherwise running fine, I would put a few miles on it in the next week or two and then see if the code reset has any lasting effect. Perhaps the new battery may have had some impact on the system settings. If not, you may need new o2 sensors.

FWIW, I plan on switching out my battery this Spring just because it will be 4 years old. I will be interested to see if the change has any effect on my codes.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:24 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
They degrade overtime, when you changed the battery it cleared the long term fueling and had to re-start thus not liking the slow response. What were the sensor voltages in the freeze frame data?

Old 03-05-2018, 10:23 PM
kdm
kdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of light
I was getting similar codes - would clear them and they eventually came back. Did that for 6 months and finally decided to replace both of the front ones on my V8V last summer @ approximately 31,000 miles. Purchased them from a place in Britain. Part number was: NTK/NGK OZA488-AM1

They were direct fit replacements. The check engine light has not come back on since - about 2,000 miles ago.

Last edited by kdm; 03-05-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:41 AM
Former Vendor
J doubleU - that makes sense.
ldm - thanks. I've ordered a set, so will see if that helps.

Maybe my gas milage will improve

matt