Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin DBS jack pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 11:26 PM
wysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nicewysoseereeus is just really nice
Aston Martin DBS jack pads

My cousin and I designed and made aluminum jack pad adapters for my DBS. We designed them to work with http://www.jackpointjackstands.com.

This is the JackPoint stand with a recessed pad on top.

Here is a picture of the recessed pad. Mine has a hole drilled in the center of the pad, so that I can use a dowel to line up the jackstand and puck with the rubber grommet at the car's jack point.

Here are a couple photos of my car's jack points.

The first crude iteration of my jack pad made from a hockey puck.

Next iteration: nylon prototypes

Checking the fit of the nylon prototype

And the final product made from aluminum

Last edited by telum01; 07-19-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:48 PM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
Would you have the dimensions and pin location as I intend to build something similar.

Old 09-08-2016, 08:34 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Can you make a few more?

Old 03-17-2018, 08:16 PM
2Urethane is an unknown quantity at this point
Jack pads custom made

hello, i own a plastics company and i currently manufacture jack pads. If there is a small market and a test car i would be interested in making these to fit DBS. If someone has a idea of the size and can draw a sketch id be willing to make some. And will need a few testers that would get a few sets for free for helping wigh the fitment and testing. Let me know if there is any one who is interested..
thanks
Dave Rytych

Old 03-17-2018, 09:25 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi Dave...there are two other companies making jack pads already...while it is a good idea...I am not sure if this is the product to manufacturer...

I have a Vantage and already have jack pads...

Perhaps asking if there are other items guys want would benefit your business...

Anyway...weclome and I wish you well!

Old 03-17-2018, 09:52 PM
Jackpads

Lol there might be others including yourself.. But i can tell you this much ,your products will never have any advantage over our pads .
I have been makeing pads and other suspension kits for many years.. So if you think by being a bully i just lol..
For everyone else see ebay username
jackpads4you and then see our sales
thanks for your time and effort to not have anyone else compete with what you and your buddies make at home in the basement.
Lift kits and any polyurethane needs you may have.
Enjoy

Old 03-17-2018, 09:56 PM
DBS jack pads available soon

Within the next week here i will bave jackpads available for the DBS mode from polyurethane at a huge price savings compaired to aluminum. And polyurethane wont scratch or damage the undercoating. As the snow states will understand what a little rust can do to you DBS when it gets scratched or damages as the aluminum types do.
estamated price of out set of four will be less the $50. Compaired to aluminum type that sell for four times that

Old 03-17-2018, 09:58 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey...I am just a member and noticed your posting. I figured you would like to know...

Go to the proper area..
Vendor classified and read for yourself..

Last edited by Aldv; 03-17-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Who is being a jerk

I am doing nothing but letting auto owners that there are jack pad manufactures out their thaf are happy to help with their needs . Period.

Old 03-17-2018, 10:15 PM
Hey...I tried to help you...Aston Martins are mostly aluminum...even underneath...today I changed rotors and brakes using HSM pads...orthers use Velocity AP.

​​​​​​Both companies sell in the vendor area...both companies help Members here besides sell...

Enjoy ...I would bet this threat is deleted by moderator soon..
​​​​

Old 03-18-2018, 02:43 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 2Urethane
Lol there might be others including yourself.. But i can tell you this much ,your products will never have any advantage over our pads .
I have been makeing pads and other suspension kits for many years.. So if you think by being a bully i just lol..
thanks for your time and effort to not have anyone else compete with what you and your buddies make at home in the basement.
Enjoy
well this is an interesting response from a new poster

how to win friends!!!!

i suspect the advantage others (like HSM & Velocity) is one of attitude

glad I bought mine from matt at HSM

Graeme

Old 03-18-2018, 09:01 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2Urethane
Enjoy
There is no eBay name of jackpads4you