Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Opinion re: this Vantage V8, MT

Old 03-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
Opinion re: this Vantage V8, MT

Forum members:

This is my first post. After a long history of BMW and Porsche ownership, I am seriously considering buying an Aston Martin. I have found what seems to be a very nice 2013 Vantage V8, manual transmission car for sale at at high-line used car dealer in NC. While I have researched enough to know about the clutch issue with these cars, I am an absolute novice in the AM world. A link to the ad is shown below, with a clean CarFax. I solicit the board's opinion on this car. Many thanks!

http://www.lakenormanexotics.com/201...2/Details.aspx

Regards,
Mike Gray

Old 03-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
She looks clean. Aston Martins come with a leather bound service book. See if the yearly services have been completed as well as the body inspections. Also, the car should come with a crystal key, a plastic key (maybe 2) and a metal key for the door locks.
It’s also worth getting a PPI at a dealer.

Old 03-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mike Gray
Forum members:

This is my first post. After a long history of BMW and Porsche ownership, I am seriously considering buying an Aston Martin. I have found what seems to be a very nice 2013 Vantage V8, manual transmission car for sale at at high-line used car dealer in NC. While I have researched enough to know about the clutch issue with these cars, I am an absolute novice in the AM world. A link to the ad is shown below, with a clean CarFax. I solicit the board's opinion on this car. Many thanks!

Regards,
Mike Gray
Mike,
What a gouges interior! I don't think I have ever seen a Vantage with that warm and wonderful interior specs. The mileage looks to be about right for the year.
I would pay for a PPI at the nearest Aston Martin dealer, jus to be safe. And put your mind at ease. You can also have the dealer research the service history, by vin #. If you like this color combo and options, and the price right, than go for it.
White is not a common color, but very nice.
I have owned both o 2007 Vantage coupe with a stick, ( purchased used with 2800 miles in 2014) And my new 2016 GT bought in 2016, stick as well.
Both have been reliable cars. I did have a 2 year preowned warranty with my 2007. I had a rear shock replaced, and the door struts, and NAv screen gear. All in warranty. My 2016 has been problem free so far ( 6200 miles now ).
The V8 4.3 and 4.7 do have a few problems, the front engine cover seal. Can leak, it is a big job to fix. Clutch life is better in the manual cars, over the sports shift cars. If the previous owner did not abuse the clutch. All in all they are great cars. The 2013 is a good year for improvement as well.
Good luck.
Ron

Old 03-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Guys:

Thanks for the very helpful feedback! I've always been a sucker for a white car anyway, and I think the interior of this car is just simply spectacular. Nice to hear from Ron that the clutch may not be as problematic as I thought. Got to be a stick for me. Car is just north of Charlotte, so I may try to find some time to slip up there next week and check it out. Any further input or guidance for a novice much appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

Old 03-11-2018, 07:07 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Was that car available as a private owner sale last summer? That car looks familiar with its color scheme. If it was, I was looking to buy it, but it got sold before I could make a move.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:30 AM
Smile

Not sure. Per the CarFax, it was a trade-in at a NC Land Rover dealership. I've only been tracking the Aston Martin market for the last few weeks, after selling my 1990 Porsche Carrera 2 and 1986 BMW M535i and having some "car money" that's burning a hole in my pocket!

Any opinion from the group as to what would be a reasonable price to pay for this car? I've got no feel for values of these cars at this point. The ask seems to be usually different from the get, except for exceptionally "hot" cars.

Last edited by Mike Gray; 03-12-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
great colors!

Old 03-11-2018, 10:26 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Car is just north of Charlotte, so I may try to find some time to slip up there next week and check it out. Any further input or guidance for a novice much appreciated.

Regards,
Mike
You should put a deposit on that car, as a preferred color combo car may not be within driving distance again any time soon.

At least you'll have some time and more bargaining power since they know you are a real buyer.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:15 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Forum members:

Regards,
Mike Gray
you will be very happy with that car! Frickin gorgeous combo of colors, very hard to find ones with color and options combos you want and if its local, even better

Old 03-11-2018, 06:19 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
I can recommend https://automotive-international.com for an independent PPI in the Charlotte area, but it's a bit of a hike from Denver NC dealer (which is well North of Charlotte proper.) BTW I'm pretty sure that interior is Chestnut which is a beautiful spec for an Aston.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:23 PM
Hedged: Thanks for the PPI suggestion - Automotive International looks like quite a shop!

Old 03-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Good facility and people...Peter runs the business and Sean and the crew are solid on Astons.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:00 PM
That is the car I was going to buy last year. The owner was a fanatic and it was his custom ordered car. I would jump on it ASAP. Does it have clear bra for the front half of the car? If so that is it and I would buy it right away.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:10 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
If it helps I just bought a Mercedes SLK from this dealer the day after Christmas. They were a pleasure to do business with and the car was perfect. I live near Jacksonville Florida and they met us half way so we didn’t have to drive all the way to Charlotte. It was a Christmas present for my wife and she loves it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3FB8F3C2-C360-4C42-83A6-4D4F2AC61A85.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	522140  
Old 03-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
That is the car I was going to buy last year. The owner was a fanatic and it was his custom ordered car. I would jump on it ASAP. Does it have clear bra for the front half of the car? If so that is it and I would buy it right away.
Yep, it's got a clear bra on the front half of the car! Small Aston Martin world, I suppose. Great intel about the PO. What was the asking price when you looked at the car? Wonder why it would up getting traded in at the Range Rover store?

Gene: Lovely SLK, esp. in white. Also nice to hear a good review on Lake Norman Motorsports. I am waiting to look at a 1998 Porsche 911C2S that a friend in the trade has a line on before I make any purchase decision, but you guys are REALLY whetting my appetite for the Vantage!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinion re: this Vantage V8, MT