Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston and Tag Heuer????

Old 03-09-2018, 11:20 AM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Aston and Tag Heuer????

Anyone else find this partnership a bit odd? I'm wondering if it was forced by the motorsports involvement in F1?

I just think of Aston being such a bespoke automobile company vs. Tag Heuer as a more "entry level" luxury brand. I would have thought Aston would have sought a more "parallel" partner in the timepiece world.

I'm not dissing Tag here, I own one and they are wonderful functional sports watches. However, when I think about some of the other partnerships, it just doesn't seem to fit.

Any thoughts?

Also I thought there was a partnership with Richard Mille (perhaps more fitting), but never saw a watch come of that partnership. Not that I would have been able to afford that one....

Old 03-09-2018, 11:56 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I thought Aston Martin had a partnership with Jaeger Lecoultre?

Old 03-09-2018, 12:50 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Previously the were in partnership with Jaeger Lecoultre, which seemed to be a much better fit. At the Geneva Auto Show they announced their new partnership with Tag.

https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/news/...ficial-partner

About a year ago, they had announced a partnership with Richard Mille, which never yielded any watches, as far as I know.

https://www.astonmartin.com/en/live/...-collaboration

Old 03-09-2018, 01:03 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The current engine is really a Reanult rebadged as Tag Huer. It's kind of unknown how much Aston's future F1 engine will be wrenched by Aston or one of the engine firms in the UK.

Aston does have watches by Jaegar. Not the best looking designs IMO, and pricey as expected.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:30 PM
drac will become famous soon enoughdrac will become famous soon enough
The partnership is all about the F1 team.

I agree its not a great alignment between the brands. Personally I'm unlikely to buy a tag. The Jaegar collaboration was ok but not quite my thing. I think a team up with a brand like Bremont would be better, British and understated.

My favourite would be a team up with Panerai. Great history, simple beauty and classic lines. The issue there is I'm not sure how the design elements of the 2 brands could be combined.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:47 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drac
The partnership is all about the F1 team.

I agree its not a great alignment between the brands. Personally I'm unlikely to buy a tag. The Jaegar collaboration was ok but not quite my thing. I think a team up with a brand like Bremont would be better, British and understated.

My favourite would be a team up with Panerai. Great history, simple beauty and classic lines. The issue there is I'm not sure how the design elements of the 2 brands could be combined.

What, no Tag? Didn't Daniel Craig promote Tags not too long ago? I'd love to see Vacheron make Aston watches. Very fancy and befitting of someone driving an Aston.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:05 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Omega would've been a better fit than Tag Heuer, IMO. And it is in keeping with the whole Bond theme. But it's all about F1.

Old 03-09-2018, 03:33 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by programmatore
Omega would've been a better fit than Tag Heuer, IMO. And it is in keeping with the whole Bond theme. But it's all about F1.
That is the premise of the partnership. It is with AMR, not necessarily AM overall. Tag and Red Bull have had a partnership for a while and even one watch was issued related to AMR being involved almost 2 years ago: https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/news/...ll-racing-team

Old 03-10-2018, 05:04 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a Richard Miles and McLaren watch I just saw this morning... I would buy a new Aston Martin V12S instead but that is just me

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/m...00-124196.html

Old 03-11-2018, 08:05 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
A company that makes $1k to $20k watches, seen by some as "not good enough". Sorry, just had to say it.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Viper98912
A company that makes $1k to $20k watches, seen by some as "not good enough". Sorry, just had to say it.
They may well have 20k watches, but very few are buying new TAG's on that half of their portfolio.

Tom Brady is a TAG brand ambassador, so maybe it does make sense for the partnership with Aston Martin as well?

Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
What they need to do now is to include that proximity device in their watch so you could add your watch as a new fob and don't need to carry a fob with you. That would be awesome, specially that all the new cars don't need a key to start...

Old 03-12-2018, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
What they need to do now is to include that proximity device in their watch so you could add your watch as a new fob and don't need to carry a fob with you. That would be awesome, specially that all the new cars don't need a key to start...
DB11 & new Vantage do not use a Crystal Key?

Old 03-12-2018, 09:10 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
What, no Tag? Didn't Daniel Craig promote Tags not too long ago? I'd love to see Vacheron make Aston watches. Very fancy and befitting of someone driving an Aston.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:49 AM
From what I saw, no crystal key but I might be wrong

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston and Tag Heuer????