Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V Nav - stop screen from opening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Carter V8 Vantage is an unknown quantity at this point
V8V Nav - stop screen from opening

I just bought a 2006 V8 Vantage and love the car. And this site has been great for info for a new owner - closing the hood properly, getting the passenger seat cushion to move rearward, etc.

I read the owners manual, checked the settings options on the Nav screen, checked the AM FAQ's on this site, and searched this site but can't figure out how to stop the Nav screen from opening every time I start the car. I don't plan to use it, and it has the typical squeaking/opening issues. I'd rather it just stay closed all the time. Any suggestions from the group? Thanks!

Old 03-12-2018, 08:55 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It's in the menu although since mine is in the shop I can't walk you thru what the setting is, but I have mine set to stay closed, I'd never use it and hate the look with it up.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:45 PM
I'll give it another try on the screen. I'm certainly not an electronics expert but I found my way into the settings. Nothing was labeled as "Screen auto open on/off" or anything like that, but I'll look again.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:49 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Pardon as it's been about 18 months, it might have been, if you leave it closed it stays closed. If you leave it open it closes and reopens on startup? Have you tried just closing it and seeing if it stays closed when you restart?

Make sure the NAV LED is off and the screen is closed, If it's more complicated somebody with fresher memory [or car available to check] can get this solved.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 03-12-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:21 PM
I just checked it. I didn't see a NAV LED but I turned on the ignition, the screen opened, and I navigated to the Nav settings and selected and entered the "Shut Down" option. The screen closed. I turned the ignition off, removed the key, and waited about 30 seconds, inserted the key and turned the ignition back on. After about 20 seconds, the screen didn't open. Maybe this is the trick.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Mine was off when I bought it, I opened it just to make sure it worked, and figured out how to close it again, but thought I ran across the setting in the menu when I went thru everything making it "mine", as I'm sure you're doing now yourself Congrats on the new ride

Old 03-12-2018, 10:56 PM
Sure. Just changed a few of the settings re: lights with unlocking doors, and others. Nice to customize it, as you know. Thanks for your help on this and yes, it's an amazing car. One of the sexiest cars on the road.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:55 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I don't know about on the earlier cars, but my car has a button on the center stack labeled "Nav". This activates/deactivates the Nav system.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:38 PM
Today, I received information from an Aston Martin pro. He confirmed the "go to the Settings screen on the Nav and select shut down" procedure. To restart the screen opening at startup, which I won't do, just push the toggle switch toward the dash panel.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:34 AM
R32sSayBwaaa is an unknown quantity at this point
On the newer facelift interiors, at least in my 2014, you hold the NAV button for a few seconds.

Old 03-28-2021, 11:05 AM
SBGRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you, I am also new to Aston Martin and thought I would just have to live with the NAV screen. Great to see there is a way keep the screen closed.

Steven