Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

power mirrors

Old 03-13-2018, 09:22 AM
flittlejr is on a distinguished road
power mirrors

power mirror problem

Old 03-13-2018, 12:47 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I'd say you have more than one issue?

Old 03-13-2018, 12:55 PM
power mirrors

you are right. Local repair thats pretty sharp checked normal stuff said had to go to dealer=$$$$

Old 03-13-2018, 08:16 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
What's the fault with your mirrors? Maybe someone could share a simular experience and help.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:48 AM
Unhappy Power Mirrors

Use powerful when go thru carwash. Forgot and brushes hit drivers mirror making it face front of car. No known problem at the time. Snapped back into place. Since my mirrors are already adjusted for me I did not notice till pulled up to ATM (folding mirrors to get closer). Mirrors did not fold and drivers yellow lite came on. Right hand would not work at all, and drivers goes opposite . Push down mirror goes up and vice versa. Thought it was a common switch problem. Ordered new from Aston Martin bits. Wound up spending $108. Had installed 3/13, Made no difference. Put old switch back in. Checked fuse and module. Shop said had to go to Dealer ($$$$). Anyone had same problem. Also will sell switch for $50 (half price). Graphite color for phantom grey (mine) and black.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:52 AM
Try manually folding both mirrors in, towards the rear. Lock the car then unlock and turn on ignition.
James

Old 03-14-2018, 09:27 AM
Good idea but didn't work. I have suspicions that it happened when I went thru car wash. When both buttons are pressed the LH mirror button lites up yellow. Same one that got flipped towards front of car in car wash. When both buttons are pressed again lite goes out. Thanks for the effort Frank

Old 03-14-2018, 10:19 AM
You can try a reboot, battery disconnect procedure.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
I think J double u has the right idea. I would try putting the mirrors in correct position...then try lock...if the driver's side goes forward I would bet something inside the mirror popped off or you stripped when the brushes jammed...

Just a guess...

Old 03-15-2018, 07:53 AM
power mirrors

I don't think dealer programmed fold on lock. I'm #2 so if I wind up at dealer I'll have done. They are trying to say not under warranty. Supposed to hear today . Thanks Frank

Old 03-15-2018, 08:32 AM
Fold on lock programming will not affect powerfold with L&R buttons pressed. With only the single led and no action you have a communication fault or possible door module error. Hence the battery disconnect. Has the battery gone low or voltage/amp test?

Old 03-15-2018, 08:46 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Yes J DoubleU...from inside the car I understand but from outside the car if mirrors are placed correctly and the driver side mirror goes forward when you lock the car using the FOB then I feel something came off track or broke inside the unit or door..

Your idea of killing the power is good but will need retrained again.. seats, windows etc... Reading this guys answers to you I am not sure he can do without getting confused more when you add other items...

Hey..you are a smart guy..I hope it works for him with battery disconnect.. I have not owned long enough to know every small fault.. Safe Driving

Old 03-15-2018, 08:47 AM
power mirrors

Bought AM in Sept 17. First thing I always do (it had 18K) is change oil & replace battery. Also because elec outlet handy plug AM battery conditioner in trunk. When local shop replaced mirror switch & it didn't solve, checked fuses & module. I like the way you think. Thanks Frank

Old 03-16-2018, 01:04 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by flittlejr
Use powerful when go thru carwash. Forgot and brushes hit drivers mirror making it face front of car.
HORRORS------Carwash....with brushes??????

This is a first. Aston through a car wash with brushes. Do you not care about your paint?????? The mirrors should be your last worry. Those things destroy paint.

But....members have given you likely he best options. Pull mirrors in, then out, then try and reset them. Just popping it out shouldn't cause a major issue. I think when it was working on a v12s I popped the mirror forward and then had to work it back and forth a bit to finally get it to swing on its own.