Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12V Winter Mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 07:51 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see!
Please take some before and after pics measuring the height from the floor to the top of wheel fender front and rear. Thanks

Old 06-22-2018, 09:10 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HansCH
Hi Dan,
A great read - thank you.
Good to see someone using the winter time productivly on a Vantage.

If your car is still jacked up - could you post some underbody pics?
I have not found any in the web. Considering the secondary cat delete and would like to see if the cats are visible or covered. If plain visible I may have issues with the authorities over here in Switzerland. Thanks.

Best - Hans

I would put them on after the inspection. If you do it yourself or have the same guy swap them; they'll be able to do it easily. The decats were great on my V8V and considering them for the Rapide. They don't check for those in our state!

Old 06-25-2018, 03:29 PM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Have you finished the install?
Pics pls

Old 06-25-2018, 04:12 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by acs-3
Have you finished the install?
Pics pls
I’ve got some good news and some bad news. Good news is that installation went super smooth and no issues getting the car back together. Bad news is I (we) didn’t get the result we were looking for and Stuart is going to work on making the necessary tweaks to get it right. Not sure how long this will take but in the meantime, I’m going to ride around on these springs.

Net/net, the front dropped just 1/4” and the rear actually gained height by 1/4” over stock (but tank almost empty so with a full tank of fuel, might be at stock ride height). Here’s a pic of my car riding on these springs:

I’ve been in communication with Stuart over the weekend and he’s going to consult with his spring manufacturer for next steps. I’ll keep you posted as I learn more. “Good things come to those who wait”—-this is what my mother always told me; I have faith! ;-)

best,
Dan

Old 06-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Ok, thanks for the update Dan.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:14 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Interested to see the revised lowering kit as well. I always thought the wheel gap can be minimized.

How come no one is offering aftermarket coilovers yet for the V12?

Old 07-07-2018, 01:30 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Quick update: I've been riding around on these springs and happy to report they are amazing. Seat of the pants feel is better than OEM...so if we can get the ride height issue fixed, we will have a definite winner with these...

Old 08-13-2018, 06:34 PM
Any new update Dan?

Old 09-12-2018, 03:23 PM
I just received version-2 of VelocityAP springs! Upon unboxing, there are definitely shorter than version-1 (and as compared to OEM springs) so there's no doubt in my mind they will be lower this time. Now the question is: how much lower? I plan on installing this weekend so we'll have answers soon!

Old 09-16-2018, 10:01 AM
I mounted up version-2 of VAPs lowering springs on my car yesterday. As you can see in the pics below, SUCCESS! It took a couple tries and we stayed persistent with great results. The ride is great and my seat of the pants tells me better than OEM. I suspect the suspension will settle another 1/8” of an inch or so based on my experience with the first set of springs I ran for about 250 miles.

Here are the ride height measurements:
F: 26 7/8” (OEM) —-> 26 1/4” (VAP v2)
R: 27 3/8” (OEM) —-> 26 1/2” (VAP v2)

Total weight savings of these springs over OEM = 2.8lbs.

I can’t thank Stuart at VelocityAP enough! We finally have a cost effective AND quality lowering option for V12V’s. I need to get the car aligned and then I’ll mount up the new wheels. More to come!

Last edited by supraholic; 09-16-2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Looks amazing with the drop. Is it time to slap on those Vorsteiner's now?

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:41 PM
Car looks really slammed with the v2 springs, I think it's too low for me now....

Old 09-17-2018, 05:57 PM
acs-3: it's only dropped 3/4" (+/- 1/8") over OEM...I think it's the perfect amount of drop but I know different strokes for different folks.

David--you read my mind. I mounted up the Vorsteiner's and gave her a wash before snapping these pics. I'm in love all over again!!!! I'll do a proper photo shoot once the fall foliage peaks somewhere scenic instead of my street. ;-) But Enjoy the pics! (Thanks again for all your help with my wheel setup. I couldn't be happier!)

Custom center caps too!

Last edited by supraholic; 09-17-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:46 PM
JimZRyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that is totally beautiful! Nice job👍🏻

Old 09-18-2018, 11:13 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Perfect! She is beautiful!
The most beautiful car ever build!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V12V Winter Mods