Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My first Aston - V12 Vantage S

Old 03-28-2018, 02:52 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Hans,

Congrats on the purchase!!!!!!!!

1. DO NOT use any all purpose cleaner or degreaser on the wheels/brake rotors or calipers. It will destroy the brake discs!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Please DO NOT use a pressure washer on the brake discs either. It will remove some sort of outer lining on them, allow for water to soak into them, and then they will start to squeal when driving. SIDE NOTE----MAKE SURE the dealer who had it DID NOT already do that to them, so if they start squealing it will be covered under warranty. Irish brought this all up in a thread a few days ago. My dealer was NOT aware of this along with Prefurbia's. So make sure now.

Clear bra/PPF----- Go with 3m Pro, or Expel Ultimate if you decide to have one put on. Either half the front or the whole car.

Paint protection----- Get someone to polish out to get the gloss above the factory 90% level before PPF. Even if you get PPF ---- use Kamikazee coatings to protect the paint and or PPF. They make a coating specifically for PPF that is different and wont cause any possible issues down the road. I'd put 2x coats of Miyabi, and one coat of ISM followed by the Overcoat spray. Then use the Overcoat spray lightly when drying the car after washes. You will not get a better looking car if that is done.

My suggestions for the complete package. Hope this gives you some research help. Please ask if you would like any other cleaning or protecting questions.

Andrew

Old 03-29-2018, 01:02 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
They shipped the wrong spacer - another few weeks before I can take picts.

Old 03-29-2018, 01:55 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
That green looks gorgeous! Congratulations, Hans.

The secondary cat delete makes the car quite a bit louder. For me, that was good, but just be aware!

I did custom offset HRE wheels instead of spacers, but either will work to get rid of that fender overhang.

How do you plan on achieving a 2 cm lowering?

On the interior shot, why are you using your valet key LOL?

Old 03-30-2018, 01:37 PM
HansCH is on a distinguished road
Smile

Thanks for all your kind feedback, guys.

Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Will you able to pass CH inspection with the 2nd cat delete?
I hope. If not Ill just put the cats back in. Fund delete pipes that look as if there are cats in there...might help.

Originally Posted by davidm17
Beautiful car. Love the color. If I ordered one from scratch it would be almost identical to that. Carbon seats FTW. What color are the wheels? They don't look silver.
Wheel color is optional Graphite.

Originally Posted by V12Vin

Did you update the firmware on your AMi3?
Have not done anything to it yet. Has Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Hans,

Congrats on the purchase!!!!!!!!

1. DO NOT use any all purpose cleaner or degreaser on the wheels/brake rotors or calipers. It will destroy the brake discs!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Please DO NOT use a pressure washer on the brake discs either. It will remove some sort of outer lining on them, allow for water to soak into them, and then they will start to squeal when driving. SIDE NOTE----MAKE SURE the dealer who had it DID NOT already do that to them, so if they start squealing it will be covered under warranty. Irish brought this all up in a thread a few days ago. My dealer was NOT aware of this along with Prefurbia's. So make sure now.

Clear bra/PPF----- Go with 3m Pro, or Expel Ultimate if you decide to have one put on. Either half the front or the whole car.

Paint protection----- Get someone to polish out to get the gloss above the factory 90% level before PPF. Even if you get PPF ---- use Kamikazee coatings to protect the paint and or PPF. They make a coating specifically for PPF that is different and wont cause any possible issues down the road. I'd put 2x coats of Miyabi, and one coat of ISM followed by the Overcoat spray. Then use the Overcoat spray lightly when drying the car after washes. You will not get a better looking car if that is done.

My suggestions for the complete package. Hope this gives you some research help. Please ask if you would like any other cleaning or protecting questions.

Andrew
Thanks for the recommendations. Dealer has not informed my about special precautions. Do not plan to use aggressive detergents on the wheels.
I have a 996 Gt2 from 2003 with first Generation Ceramic Discs. Never have had any issues. Hard to believe that the current AM Discs should be that sensitive. But will take care. Will also think about paint protection, the measures you propose are not that common over here in Switzerland.

Originally Posted by spinecho
That green looks gorgeous! Congratulations, Hans.

The secondary cat delete makes the car quite a bit louder. For me, that was good, but just be aware!

I did custom offset HRE wheels instead of spacers, but either will work to get rid of that fender overhang.

How do you plan on achieving a 2 cm lowering?

On the interior shot, why are you using your valet key LOL?
Good eyes. I feel comfortable with the light plastic key. Always worried to drop and damage the crystal key.

Still thinking about the lowering. Im led to belive suspension is an AM variant of a Bilstein B16 Damptronic. So could get in contact with Bilstein in Germany and have them modify springs/dampers.
On the other hand I read in this Forum about VelocityAp developing lowering Springs for the V12VS?

Will decide on the noise when I test the secondary cat delete.
Have just pulled fuse 15. Great result for me. Could not stand the flaps open/close all the time.

Last edited by HansCH; 03-31-2018 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:36 PM
OnyxVantage is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats to your stunning looking V12VS and enjoy driving it towards all Passes in Switzerland ...
Cheers Anthony

Old 03-30-2018, 03:36 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HansCH
Could not stand the flaps open/close all the time.
^^ Agree - always found the sudden increase in volume disconcerting.

Old 03-31-2018, 02:10 PM
drac will become famous soon enoughdrac will become famous soon enough
Beautiful V12VM

Hi Hans,

Well done beautiful car in a lovely spec. This is close to a dream spec for me. Outside of the car is fabulous. The interior I would have liked in bitter chocolate or similar dark natural brown but otherwise its spot on.

Congrats, enjoy, now just go and drive the thing.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:33 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HansCH
Still thinking about the lowering. Im led to belive suspension is an AM variant of a Bilstein B16 Damptronic. So could get in contact with Bilstein in Germany and have them modify springs/dampers.
On the other hand I read in this Forum about VelocityAp developing lowering Springs for the V12VS?

Hans, if you ever find out about lowering options, PM me as well. I am looking for options and not much has turned up.

Btw, the AMi III latest firmware (App : 3.1.0) includes album artwork. Someone posted on PH. I still have to update mine to that.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:05 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
@HansCH

If you need advice, or instructions on how to do a paint correction, I can help. Just pm me and we will get you on the right track.

Enjoy the car------ but please make sure you post pics from time to time showing the car and most of all the Alps in the background. Wow, would love to just cruise those roads.