Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Black oil filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:29 AM
flittlejr is on a distinguished road
Black oil filter

I read in one of the forums that not to use black hem oil filter, use only white filter. Notice that black is 1/2 price of white. Any Facts? Thanks Frank

Old 03-29-2018, 08:28 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Black is the new white, use whatever you can get.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:52 AM
black oil filter

Both are available. Black- $34/White- $69. Both OEM ASTON and fit Vantage V8V. Big difference in cost. (e-bay) Thanks for reply Frank

Old 03-29-2018, 10:14 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
The white one! Shipping is only $150?

Old 03-29-2018, 10:39 AM
black oil filter

Thanks Rich. Settled in yet?

Old 04-02-2018, 12:42 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The white filters listed as V8 are probably 3+ year old pictures of the previous white filter and you will receive a black. At this time I would not use a black filter unless it was dealer installed or you have valid AM warranty.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:51 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
I just did an oil change and ordered the filter recommended via astonmartincarprts.com. The filter I pulled is the same one I received pictured here:

I haven’t even started the car yet after the oil change since it’s in pieces and up on jack stands while I do suspension work. Should I replace it with the white filter? I found the white filter part number to be AG43-6714-AA and is listed for the DB9(‘04-‘16)/DBS/Vanquish(‘01-‘07, ‘12+)/Virage...basically all the modern NA V12 engines EXCEPT for the V12 Vantage (where the black one listed above is specified). I wonder what gives? Isn’t the V12V motor the same in the DBS and DB9 cars?

I’d rather be safe than sorry...

Last edited by supraholic; 04-02-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Black Oil Filter

Confused? What's new. I had oil changed @ 20K and the filter was Black. I'm @ 27k so planning 30k oil change. Are you saying i should or shouldn't use Black use White instead? Thanks Frank

Old 04-02-2018, 01:10 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I do not think there is an option to buy a new white OEM V8 filter unless you can find old stock. My remanufactured engine came with a white filter but I believe it's because it was warehoused for that many years.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:15 PM
black oil filter

Thank You. Found from Richard @ Redpants that now it's Black for v8 and white for v12. Thanks for the reply Frank

Old 04-02-2018, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Redpants
There was a white V8 filter a while back but it has long since been replaced by the black one.

Like I said:

And they are VERY different... Do NOT put a white oil filter on a V8 Vantage. I just pulled these off the shelf and took the pic right now. These are the current OEM filters.

Obviously the V12 filter would not fit on the V8, but the V8 used to have white filters that never had a problem. Thankfully my replacement engine had one installed.

>C- is there a “bad batch” of OEM filters out there all waiting to implode and grenade more Aston engines ?

>Have yet to see the superseded white exterior casing oil filter do this....that's all I can say.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:31 PM
6G43-04-10054 is the original version in white. HO if you need spares I know where a few NOS ones are. ?

Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey HO.. FCkerbeck had the black filter for sale on eBay...states sold 55 and more then 10 offered...

Under warranty it states YES...just no details on the warranty.

This is the dealer that covered your engine. They feel good selling the black filters...

Evening...

Old 04-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Aldv
Hey HO.. FCkerbeck had the black filter for sale on eBay...states sold 55 and more then 10 offered...

Under warranty it states YES...just no details on the warranty.

This is the dealer that covered your engine. They feel good selling the black filters...

Evening...
FCK will still change my oil, but I'm justifiably a little spooked right now so I'm not going to worry about filters for a few years, I bought all the white ones

Old 04-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
HO--yes---with the engine change it would be nuts to not use a dealer.

While--it does not feel any better to know but GM blew up many an engine with the Vettes till they found out the oil filters were defective...

Safe driving and enjoy your car!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black oil filter