Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Just picked up a DB11 with pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 07:28 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
So I assume the backside camera is near the license but where are the side one's located? Can someone point them out, or does the car come with a couple drones that hover above.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:28 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shawnmkrt

...(vantage, vanquish) look a bit dated in comparison especially the interior looks god awful on the older models.

Display features great, and has 360 parking/ auto park assist which is good for getting in tight spots and camera is crystal clear (cant tell in these photos because my phone camera sucks) Basically same as mercedes.

Love the digital dash, the colors and images change when you change power
Everything you like about the new interior and dislike about the old like the Vanquish, is the reason I would never buy a DB11. Far too MB and far too common. Looks like any other luxury car on the inside.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:48 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Looks like any other luxury car on the inside.
It does?

Old 04-05-2018, 08:48 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
I would imagine the interior electronics does feel like a Mercedes, since a lot of it is lifted from the MB parts bin - gives it a much more modern look but you can literally find the exact same parts on other high end Mercs. It's why I'd probably never own the new models as well, aside from maybe a Valkyrie or Vulcan :P

Love that color combo, I am partial to red interiors as I own 2 myself

Love the spec, hope you enjoy your new AM. Those models are still so new I've only seen 2 on the road actually driving

Old 04-05-2018, 09:14 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Beautiful! I'd get the same spec on the outside but a black interior... I saw one at the concours d'elegance this past summer and loved it

Last edited by sonies; 04-05-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:29 AM
shawnmkrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Everything you like about the new interior and dislike about the old like the Vanquish, is the reason I would never buy a DB11. Far too MB and far too common. Looks like any other luxury car on the inside.
i mean the screen/camera system yes it does look mercedes but thats where it ends. The amount of leather, custom stiching and attention to detail on the interior is amazing.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:18 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Congrats, fellow angelino!

We should catch up for a canyon drive soon. Very few AM owners around here.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:36 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Also at the aston dealer honestly in person this car is a gem makes the previous models (vantage, vanquish) look a bit dated in comparison especially the interior looks god awful on the older models.
Well, you opened up the can of worms, so I'll say now what I wouldn't have otherwise brought up in your introductory thread.

Completely agree with XJRS on this. To me, the new (DB11, new Vantage) interiors are the God awful ones. Oh, and the exteriors, too.

All the restraint, elegance and relative minimalism of the earlier Gaydon cars, which, by the way, defined the brand and set it apart from others, has been thrown out the window by Reichmann and his team. It has been replaced by ungainly, conflicting lines, squinty lights, gaping maws and gaudy accoutrements, which look like they have been chosen by a committee of blind men and their seeing eye dogs.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:55 PM
OnyxVantage is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations, stunning spec for me

Old 04-05-2018, 03:54 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
i mean the screen/camera system yes it does look mercedes but thats where it ends. The amount of leather, custom stiching and attention to detail on the interior is amazing.
You must be half blind if you think that the qualities you ascribe to the DB11 interior don't apply to a Vanquish. I know you like your 11, but don't think it is more special inside than the previous gen. Bet you don't have a million stitches...

Old 04-05-2018, 05:04 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by spinecho
Well, you opened up the can of worms, so I'll say now what I wouldn't have otherwise brought up in your introductory thread.

Completely agree with XJRS on this. To me, the new (DB11, new Vantage) interiors are the God awful ones. Oh, and the exteriors, too.

All the restraint, elegance and relative minimalism of the earlier Gaydon cars, which, by the way, defined the brand and set it apart from others, has been thrown out the window by Reichmann and his team. It has been replaced by ungainly, conflicting lines, squinty lights, gaping maws and gaudy accoutrements, which look like they have been chosen by a committee of blind men and their seeing eye dogs.
agreed.......if this is the wave of the future.......I want to get off.......

Old 04-05-2018, 05:36 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by spinecho
which look like they have been chosen by a committee of blind men and their seeing eye dogs.
Awww come on, you know the seeing eye dogs could have chosen better.

Taste can't be arbitrated, but it sure can be debated! What some may see as god awful others would see as elegant and restrained. IMO the 09'-15' V8/12V/DB9 consoles were the sweet spot. I'm not a huge fan of the 06'-08', and really not a fan of the 16'-17' redesign ski slope. So the current and future is far too busy for me, but I'm getting old, and so is my taste

Old 04-05-2018, 05:55 PM
air993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great looking car. Love the red interior and black carpets and accents

Old 04-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Very nice DB 11, love the colors.
Ron

Old 04-05-2018, 10:56 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Perfect car for LA traffic. Enjoy it w a good cigar

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just picked up a DB11 with pics