Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

It took a year to build but she’s finally here! New V12VS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 05:37 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RickyG
Trust me it wasn’t easy. It was very stressful too as this was a fairly large expense and I was going to have to live with my choices for a long time. I actually went through 3 iterations before deciding on the final spec. Almost as stressful as choosing the design and finishing of a house, which I just recently did.

But in the end, it was worth it. Especially because it came out nicer that what I was expecting. The doors and the black switchgear with the orange accents weren’t available in the configurator but were suggested by Q. Apparently they liked the spec and helped me really make it special.

The whole experience with Aston Martin Manila, UK and the regional office in South East Asia was excellent. This was by far the best purchasing experience I’ve had, bar none. So kudos to the entire Aston Martin team! I actually told them to put me down for the new body Vantage IF they decide to build a V12 version! Hopefully it takes them a few years to arrive at that decision. :-)
Having seen and sat in the new Vantage preview car in person earlier this year I can confidently say that I would pick your V12VS over the new Vantage any day! It is so much more beautiful -- both the exterior and the interior. And yours is a NORMALLY ASPIRATED V12 to boot! It's a no brainer!

Old 06-26-2018, 04:16 AM
RickyG is on a distinguished road
The aero kit just arrived! Looks like the front splitter, while the same height, now has a much lower approach angle.

I’m leaving the side skirts unpainted for now and I’ll see how I like it.

The power kit should be arriving soon.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:26 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
oh my goodness

Old 06-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Does anyone make a front lift kit for this car?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:34 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone make a front lift kit for this car?
Check this out:

https://www.kwsuspensions.net/produc...ic_lift_system

I hate how high a lot of the speed bumps are in Manila -- especially in the subdivisions. A front lift kit is definitely a must!

Old 06-26-2018, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
Check this out:

https://www.kwsuspensions.net/produc...ic_lift_system

I hate how high a lot of the speed bumps are in Manila -- especially in the subdivisions. A front lift kit is definitely a must!
I’ve made an inquiry with the local dealer of kw. Will it work with the stock dampers?

check this out:

http://www.brrperformance.com/blog/?p=1990

Old 06-26-2018, 09:15 PM
I’ve made an inquiry with the local dealer of kw. Will it work with the stock dampers?

check this out:

http://www.brrperformance.com/blog/?p=1990
I saw that too. I'm not sure if they productized a kit or if it is a one-off build.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:09 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
I just want to say what a beautiful car. The interior spec is lovely. I also wish we can get those seats without jumping thru lots of hoops and having to bypass airbag warning lights.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:00 AM
Those are the regular seats. They aren’t all that comfortable though. I find the bucket seats to be more comfortable. And it feels like you’re actually sitting on the car.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:06 AM
I may have found something that works. It does lift the car though by 16mm. So replacing the springs with something shorter by the same amount should do the trick.

iliftsystems.com

Anyone know what the length, ID and spring weights are for the stock springs front and rear?

Last edited by RickyG; 07-05-2018 at 05:02 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Performance pack just arrived. Install complete. Sounds amazing!

Old 08-11-2018, 04:40 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Excellent - I'm betting you're one happy guy. Pics of car with installed parts, please! How about a sound clip?

Old 08-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=RickyG;4707895]I chose the orange calipers to tie in with my interior. But after having taken delivery, I noticed that the exterior needs a bit more orange but I’m not too keen on adding graphics. So I figured the Q badge with orange and white infills (it’s en route) plus maybe replacing the wings with something bespoke might do it. Subtle.

I’m choosing among these? Any thoughts?

So far I’m leaning towards this:

Aren't there any other choices ?

Old 08-11-2018, 08:50 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=Denny 6.53;4732595]
I chose the orange calipers to tie in with my interior. But after having taken delivery, I noticed that the exterior needs a bit more orange but I’m not too keen on adding graphics. So I figured the Q badge with orange and white infills (it’s en route) plus maybe replacing the wings with something bespoke might do it. Subtle.

I’m choosing among these? Any thoughts?

So far I’m leaning towards this:

Aren't there any other choices ?
8th from the bottom, is a cool none.
Ron

Old 08-11-2018, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by spinecho
Excellent - I'm betting you're one happy guy. Pics of car with installed parts, please! How about a sound clip?
The only thing you can really see is the new CF rear diffuser. But I can take pics the next time the car in on the lift.

below are the “before” pics

Pics of this morning’s get together:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It took a year to build but she’s finally here! New V12VS