Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2005 DB9 mirrors radio in need of reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 03:42 PM
clunker is on a distinguished road
2005 DB9 mirrors in need of reset

The door mirror adjustment motors on my DB9 are running continuously, pushing the mirror pitch down and out. It starts every time the car door is unlocked, continues whenever the car is running and only stops about 10 mins after the car is stopped, off and locked.

This started after the battery level dropped one time I think - but the windows and seats did not lose their setting, nor needed resets so was more of a brownout than a blackout.

The car has been on trickle charge and battery level is strong.

I was sure I saw something posted somewhere about the crazy mirror motor syndrome, but cannot locate it.

Looks like the electrics needs a secret reset - but I cannot find anything when doing a forum search. I know there are specific sequences of ignition and keys presses that reset modules - any ideas? (I have access to an Aston coded ODB reader if that helps)

Would prefer not to have to go the dealer route if it something straight forward.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by clunker; 04-14-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: /* radio working again! mirrors still crazy
Old 04-14-2018, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
My V8V started to do this when the battery was dying. It started fine, but the mirrors would shudder.
Putting in a new battery fixed the issue. (but the car decided it needed new O2 sensors after removing power to change the battery - oops).

Matt

Old 05-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Jonathan Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by clunker
The door mirror adjustment motors on my DB9 are running continuously, pushing the mirror pitch down and out. It starts every time the car door is unlocked, continues whenever the car is running and only stops about 10 mins after the car is stopped, off and locked.

This started after the battery level dropped one time I think - but the windows and seats did not lose their setting, nor needed resets so was more of a brownout than a blackout.

The car has been on trickle charge and battery level is strong.

I was sure I saw something posted somewhere about the crazy mirror motor syndrome, but cannot locate it.

Looks like the electrics needs a secret reset - but I cannot find anything when doing a forum search. I know there are specific sequences of ignition and keys presses that reset modules - any ideas? (I have access to an Aston coded ODB reader if that helps)

Would prefer not to have to go the dealer route if it something straight forward.

Thanks for any help.
Hi did you ever get the issue resolved as just had same issue. Went to start car as not been used for while and whilst battery was low not dead it would not start. Driver door mirror motor not stopping as your issue. I disconnected battery and put on charge overnight. Hoping when I re connect it the issue will be sorted, but wondering if you managed to reset the module etc thanks jonathan