AMOC at Lime Rock 2018 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

AMOC at Lime Rock 2018

Old 04-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
AMOC at Lime Rock 2018

Apparently I got drafted to be the Florida AMOC rep so I might as well start a post about an AMOC event... in Connecticut. That makes sense, right?

Right!

Here's the thread I started last year, which also links to the year before:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ck-2017-a.html

So, who's going to Lime Rock this year? I'm going to be flying up this time - not enough free time to make the 20-hours-each-way drive, unfortunately.

For anyone that hasn't attended, here's some light reading about last year's event:
https://www.unzipped.lol/amoc-lime-rock-2017

[email protected]
Old 04-24-2018, 10:52 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Count me in! I wouldn't miss it.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:24 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
I live 3 hours from Lime Rock.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
Bump it up!
Just registered for the weekend. Spectating only since I have to fly up, but I'll be there

[email protected]
Old 05-11-2018, 09:26 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

Lime Rock AMOC style is an epic event! <br/>Rich, if you're up for being a passenger, I'll take you on a couple of practice laps.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER View Post

Rich, if you're up for being a passenger, I'll take you on a couple of practice laps.
Yes, please! I need to learn how you work that course so well

[email protected]
Old 06-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
Bump it up! Two weeks to go!!

[email protected]
Old 06-06-2018, 10:39 PM
terminal_ac is a name known to allterminal_ac is a name known to allterminal_ac is a name known to allterminal_ac is a name known to allterminal_ac is a name known to allterminal_ac is a name known to all
What's are the dates for this year?

Old 06-07-2018, 05:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
It's June 21-23.

If anyone needs the signup form, send me your email address and I'll send it to you, or you can contact Kathy directly.

[email protected]
Old 06-07-2018, 08:03 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redpants View Post
It's June 21-23.

If anyone needs the signup form, send me your email address and I'll send it to you, or you can contact Kathy directly.
Just a reminder, this is a members-only event, although you can spectate at the track on Saturday since they let everyone in for free (at least if you are in an Aston Martin...and I think any other cars as well).

The concours may be different this year as it is no longer being held at the easily accessible 'public' Interlaken and has moved to the 'private' Troutbeck Inn. The Inn is set far back into the woods and is completely sold out to AMOC members.

But...there is still time to join AMOC (I think it is somewhere around $200 for a year).

Event prices as follows:

Thursday road tour: $65 per person for catered lunch
Friday concours: $50 per car (includes free lunch sponsored by Miller)
Friday evening buffet banquet: $118 per person
Saturday track participation: $395 per person
Saturday evening served banquet: $118 per person

Old 06-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner View Post
Just a reminder, this is a members-only event, although you can spectate at the track on Saturday since they let everyone in for free (at least if you are in an Aston Martin...and I think any other cars as well).

The concours may be different this year as it is no longer being held at the easily accessible 'public' Interlaken and has moved to the 'private' Troutbeck Inn. The Inn is set far back into the woods and is completely sold out to AMOC members.

But...there is still time to join AMOC (I think it is somewhere around $200 for a year).

Event prices as follows:

Thursday road tour: $65 per person for catered lunch
Friday concours: $50 per car (includes free lunch sponsored by Miller)
Friday evening buffet banquet: $118 per person
Saturday track participation: $395 per person
Saturday evening served banquet: $118 per person
What he said

[email protected]
Old 06-08-2018, 09:03 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
I wouldn't mind checking it out, but sounds like I may be turned away or shunned for not being an AMOC member (even though I have an AM). Oh well...

Had a negative experience when I was a member of the Jaguar club (JANE) that I am hesitant to ever join another car club.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:41 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I think that getting in to the concours to check out the cars shouldn't pose a problem since there will be lots of Astons coming and going (not all members are staying at the Troutbeck). So, if you want to see the cars, I wouldn't hesitate.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:01 PM
mto
mto will become famous soon enoughmto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi View Post
I wouldn't mind checking it out, but sounds like I may be turned away or shunned for not being an AMOC member (even though I have an AM). Oh well...

Had a negative experience when I was a member of the Jaguar club (JANE) that I am hesitant to ever join another car club.
No offense to Jag club, but AMOC is 10x's the fun. Best members of any car club, and I belong to a few. Yes, stop by Friday at the concours and see for yourself. Well worth the membership, and the Boston AMOC area rep is very active with local events throughout the year.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by mto View Post
No offense to Jag club, but AMOC is 10x's the fun. Best members of any car club, and I belong to a few. Yes, stop by Friday at the concours and see for yourself. Well worth the membership, and the Boston AMOC area rep is very active with local events throughout the year.
From what I saw it did not see anything related to Boston AMOC; there is such a thing? What kind of events beyond Lime Rock are there in my locale throughout the the year?