Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Finally bought a v12s. Now the mods begin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 04:17 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Finally bought a v12s. Now the mods begin

I finally made a deal for a 2017 v12s manual with 900 miles. It should arrive in a few weeks. First thing I'm planning to do is remove the orange mirror caps and remove the orange lip stick. Should I go carbon fiber on the caps or white?

What mechanical mods have others done to their v12s. More pics once it arrives...

Old 05-03-2018, 04:59 PM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Nice spec! I love the V12 manuals

Old 05-03-2018, 05:08 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Wahay! Another long-term forum member gets a V12! Well done - it looks fab, especially the metal mesh hood vents.

I actually like the orange mirror caps, but honestly, either carbon fibre or white would be great.

Your car doesn't have lipstick, BTW (that would be outside the grille). Again, I like the orange highlight on your grille, but my car has plain carbon fibre with no highlight, so I like that, too!

What I would ditch is the orange highlights on the bumper and side skirts.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:31 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Sweet! Welcome! Fellow dogleg here.

I vote for keeping the orange caps tho. Do you plan to strip the orange on the grill or just replace entirely?

Have not done anything else besides clear film, tint and dash cam.

I did contemplate the AMR aerokit. But maybe too much.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:42 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Envy is dangerous!

They have one exactly like that sitting on the floor at Kerbeck, except for the manual ;/

I'm not a fan of the orange, I don't hate it, I just don't love it. The car has enough CF on the exterior CF mirror caps would blend right in, as would white, it's personal taste at that point.

Congrats on the new ride. It's time to change your profile picture

Old 05-03-2018, 06:45 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by spinecho
Wahay! Another long-term forum member gets a V12! Well done - it looks fab, especially the metal mesh hood vents.

I actually like the orange mirror caps, but honestly, either carbon fibre or white would be great.

Your car doesn't have lipstick, BTW (that would be outside the grille). Again, I like the orange highlight on your grille, but my car has plain carbon fibre with no highlight, so I like that, too!

What I would ditch is the orange highlights on the bumper and side skirts.
The Orange stripes is actual paint, too expensive to change, I'm living with it. It's unique and I like orange. I'm swaying carbon for caps as they are ready too acquire and match everything.

Correct on the lipstick being on the grille surround. But it looks to be paint so I might try wrapping it. I do love the orange accents on the interior it feels really special...

Old 05-03-2018, 10:35 PM
kyson is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats!

Fellow TX V12VS Manual owner here as well and I'd do the carbon mirror caps if asked. You'll love the car - they are fantastic. I'm bringing mine to Dallas this weekend for the AMOC event and the all British car day on Sunday. Let me know if you are attending any of the events - love to meet another dogleg owner.

Old 05-04-2018, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by kyson
Congrats!

Fellow TX V12VS Manual owner here as well and I'd do the carbon mirror caps if asked. You'll love the car - they are fantastic. I'm bringing mine to Dallas this weekend for the AMOC event and the all British car day on Sunday. Let me know if you are attending any of the events - love to meet another dogleg owner.
i still have my roadster, it ships put in a week. Where are the events?

Old 05-04-2018, 08:01 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
oh baby my dream car! Love the spec, not as much as that swiss guy's alloro green one, but man I would drive the **** outta that!

Old 05-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Wow congrats!

Old 05-04-2018, 10:39 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that is HOT!

I thought the orange trim and lipstick is painted on? I would leave it.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
V12S mods

I actually like the orange highlight on the grill - my black on black V12S was so 'black', the features became 'featureless' so I bronzed my grill and get a ton of complements. The rear panel on the trunk under the spoiler I'm thinking of a wrap so the rear does not look so plain, some V12S have that done under the spoiler - might 'balance' the car if that matched in orange. I also added wheel spacers and a real wood panel (was piano black). I also put a chrome wrap on my black window trim (far too much black on black again). Another mod - but it will cost you at least $10 is getting chrome covers for the seat switch (Land Rover LR2 covers fit) but $10 is a big investment. Anyway picts of my mods... (the chrome seat switch was done before the wood panel change)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AshPanel.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	525278   Click image for larger version

Name:	GrillD.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	525279   Click image for larger version

Name:	WheelSpacers.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	525280   Click image for larger version

Name:	ChromeWrap.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	525281   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03322.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	525282  

Old 05-04-2018, 12:07 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a white and red GT that was vinyl wrapped to black. They painted the wheels black too.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:42 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats well done, if I had $268,000 this would be mine

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/aston%20m...04M6&sprx=1000

Old 05-04-2018, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Congrats well done, if I had $268,000 this would be mine

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/aston%20m...04M6&sprx=1000

There was a similar color one on FB on an Aston group that had plaid accents in the interior. Was super cool looking.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally bought a v12s. Now the mods begin