Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Finally bought a v12s. Now the mods begin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 02:03 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
There was a similar color one on FB on an Aston group that had plaid accents in the interior. Was super cool looking.
What FB member groups are there? Would love to join a couple

Old 05-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Love it great V12, I would really like to have one. The 7 speed stick is so cool.
I would leave the grill with orange, and replace the mirror caps with carbon fiber.
Ron

Old 05-05-2018, 11:02 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Love it great V12, I would really like to have one. The 7 speed stick is so cool.
I would leave the grill with orange, and replace the mirror caps with carbon fiber.
Ron
Agreed, just not sure the wife will go for it. I forgot to post a pic of the rear it also has orange trim which I like.

The Orange on the grille area is very light and yes it's painted. I might try a wrap before other solutions.

The Orange accents inside the car should be more than enough for me. More pics when it arrives.

Another great item is that the entire cast is wrapped in an xpel type material by the original dealer in New Jersey.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:07 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Here's a white and red GT that was vinyl wrapped to black. They painted the wheels black too.

i like the look of this, breaks up the white. I might consider it.

Thanks

Old 05-05-2018, 11:37 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jmargolese

i like the look of this, breaks up the white. I might consider it.

Thanks
I wish I had a picture of it before. The A pillar, rocker, and lipstick were red. Tail was white. Those are not the original set of wheels the car was delivered with either.

The original bright finish wheel design was a poor choice on the car. It sat for a while so they threw some styling on it.

I think that was all they could get at the time to fill their showroom.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:40 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lilseevs
What FB member groups are there? Would love to join a couple
Aston Martin World - public
Aston Martin Owners Forum - private
Aston Martin Appreciation Society - public

Could be others as well.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:18 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Secondary cat X-pipe bypass pipe and ECU tune are the only things you need to do. Combined should be good for 40-50 hp

Old 05-25-2018, 08:39 PM
After a long wait, the V12S finally arrived today. A few pics during the unload and the cherry on top is the pic of my 08 V8V in the garage next to the V12S. The 08 will be gone next week and I will miss it but it looks good next to the V12S.

The mods are ready to go. I went the carbon fiber mirror caps, VAP air filters and the chin splitter to protect the front splitter. I will do the X-pipe at some point, but not just yet. It needs to go to my local dealer for a first year maintenance and a new rear tail lamp, the seal is gone and it has condensation.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	V12S Unload.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	765.0 KB
ID:	526543   Click image for larger version

Name:	V8V V12S.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	663.8 KB
ID:	526544  
Old 05-26-2018, 04:47 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, congrats!!!

Old 05-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Looks awesome. Any interior pics?

Old 05-31-2018, 04:58 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
This is a must have for any 7-speed manual.......

DBS 7-speed

Old 05-31-2018, 11:53 PM
RustySeatbelt is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations! I just purchased my V12S manual last week, and expecting delivery this weekend. How are you enjoying yours so far?

Old 06-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
The orange accents are awesome!

Old 06-02-2018, 12:30 AM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats....are you planning to change the wheels?

Old 06-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Looks awesome. Any interior pics?
i get the car back from the dealer tomorrow. The mirror caps and a few other items are complete. Will post interior pics

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally bought a v12s. Now the mods begin