Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Aston Martin Vantage Looks to Push the 911 Aside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 09:42 AM
IB Staff
Curated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud ofCurated Content Editor has much to be proud of

By Geoff Castaneda

The 911 has a new rival, and it comes in the form of a plucky Brit with a German ally. Check out the new Vantage inside.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:17 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
4.0L engine? Durability woes? This dude doesn't know much about these cars.

Old 05-15-2018, 10:40 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Real unenlightened author who pans tired stereotypes that are just not true. Not to mention the factual inaccuracies like engine size. Vantage cost a heck lot more than most 911's, so I never thought of them as direct competitor. V8 Ferrari is a closer competitor... With the Vantage somewhere between the 911 and Ferrari. Lotus Evora is a closer 911 competitor IMO.

The author did get slide "The Debate Persist" dead on though. Anyone looking at a 911 should drive the Vantage (and Evora 400) to see what is what. If done, whichever car they do pick will be an informed decision.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:18 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
That creative fantasy writing class from HS has just been released to the public. Oh wait he probably is still in school and doesn't even have a driver's license.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Logannz is on a distinguished road
Nice pictures, but it's a worry that the car seems to need to be just the right colour and angle to look decent.

I can't help noticing that all the recent pictures are back to the traditional Aston colours, and they have got rid of the hideous sports shoe colour scheme inside. It's make you wonder who on earth was in charge of the original design and launch.

Old 05-17-2018, 06:43 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
the new interior would be much better if it was good old fashioned leather vs. fancy microfiber...

Old 05-17-2018, 12:16 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by got one
the new interior would be much better if it was good old fashioned leather vs. fancy microfiber...
You can spec the interior in full leather.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:51 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by programmatore
You can spec the interior in full leather.
phew! I'll keep my fingers crossed a few folks order full black leather with red stitching...that I can pick up used in 2-3 years when I trade mine in

Old 05-18-2018, 11:58 AM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
Center stack/console a definite improvement, in my opinion. Have to see one of these in the flesh.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:58 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porkchopious
Center stack/console a definite improvement, in my opinion. Have to see one of these in the flesh.
Swing by AM Washington, DC in Tysons. They have one until Sunday. I'm taking it out for a test drive tomorrow afternoon.